UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Flame Warriors!

Princeps

Name your personal archeotype, and nominate others too! (all in good humour of course).

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htm

I think everyone here has a high percentage of "Philosopher" in them

philosopher.jpg

Unlike Profundus Maximus, Philosopher can actually be quite knowledgeable on a variety of subjects. Somewhat humorless and aloof, he is also slow to anger, and when he deigns to join in the fray he is considerate of other opinions. His fighting tactics are direct and uncomplicated - he smothers the opposition with his ponderous and lengthy cogitations. Only the strongest and most patient Warriors can survive an extended battle with Philosopher.

Given my postings in the Imperial measurements thread, I think I'm "Tireless rebutter" (when I have the time and inclination of course)

tirelessrebutter.jpg

For Tireless Rebutter there is no such thing as a trivial dispute. He regards all challenges as barbarians at the gates. His unflagging tenacity in making his points numbs and eventually wears down the opposition. Confident that his arguments are sound, Tireless Rebutter can't understand why he is universally loathed.

I'd like to nominate RonPrice as an "Artiste", as I don't have a clue what his poems signify, but they seem to be at the crux of most of his posts.

artiste.jpg

My personal favourite though, would have to be "Artful Dodger" :D Check out the moves on this geek!

artfuldodger.jpg

im not to sure on how to post pictures but i think im the "grunter" because i rarely write long posts

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/grunter.htm

Grunter always reponds to discussion forum messages with a single word or a short phrase, and he NEVER edits quoted material. Profundus Maximus, Philosopher, Tireless Rebutter, and other verbose Warriors find Grunter a particularly exasperating opponent because he will answer their lengthy pontifications with a simple "Yeah!". "Get a life.", "Whatever", "I agree." "Wrong.", etc. While Grunter is not a strong Warrior, he is very elusive and difficult to engage in direct battle, and only by his extended silence is there any indication that he has been vanquished.

Name your personal archeotype, and nominate others too! (all in good humour of course).

I'd like to nominate RonPrice as an "Artiste", as I don't have a clue what his poems signify, but they seem to be at the crux of most of his posts.

I'd say more of "Pithy Phrase" is his type... (in good humor of course...)

Personally... hmmm...

A little of 'Philospher', a little of 'Eagle Scout'... but I think I also fit in with 'Big Cat'. At least how I feel anyway...

Hmm, i don't wholly belong to any of those categories; i'm probably more of an eagle scout than any of the others (although i may not be viewed that way by my colleagues :P)

Hmm, i don't wholly belong to any of those categories; i'm probably more of an eagle scout than any of the others (although i may not be viewed that way by my colleagues :D)

"Eagle Scout is a positive, constructive Warrior who endeavors to submit original articles which contain useful content and relevant information with supporting citations and links, thus initiating meaningful discussion threads. Eagle Scout regards the internet as an uplifting, egalitarian, worldwide arena for the exchange of ideas among intelligent, thinking individuals. He does not openly attack, but will (ever tactfully) chastise disruptive comments, gratuitous insults and cretinous insipidity."

Unfortunately, i believe i may have a touch of Jekyl and Hyde about me as well :P

Edited by Tobias

• 2 years later...
Hmm, i don't wholly belong to any of those categories; i'm probably more of an eagle scout than any of the others (although i may not be viewed that way by my colleagues :lol:)

Hmm, i don't wholly belong to any of those categories; i'm probably more of an eagle scout than any of the others (although i may not be viewed that way by my colleagues :D)

"Eagle Scout is a positive, constructive Warrior who endeavors to submit original articles which contain useful content and relevant information with supporting citations and links, thus initiating meaningful discussion threads. Eagle Scout regards the internet as an uplifting, egalitarian, worldwide arena for the exchange of ideas among intelligent, thinking individuals. He does not openly attack, but will (ever tactfully) chastise disruptive comments, gratuitous insults and cretinous insipidity."

Unfortunately, i believe i may have a touch of Jekyl and Hyde about me as well ;)

-----------------

I feel honoured to even being considered for the above nomination in this thread. Sadly I don't(can't) get to this site as often as I'd like. In the four years I've been part of the discussions here, my contribution has been very occasional at worst and tangentially poetic at best. I wish all contributors well in diagnosing the mystique of Roman history.-Ron Price, Tasmania

PS. Here is a piece I wrote just last night; hopefully some of this mystique may be iluminated by the following prose-poem.

--------------

A SET-UP

After watching the two part series