UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

New Total War Game

longbow

The people at Activision are releasing a new Total War game,Medieval II is due for release later this year.I didnt really like the first Medieval game because i had allready played RTW which looks so much better,but this new game has all the up to date graphics and some new features which i like the sound of,especially the crusade aspect.We'll have to wait and see but it looks promising.

Hmmm,im having problems inserting a link :) i paste the url for the hyperlink and change the name like normal,when i try the link in preview post it comes up as a microsoft page?Ahh well heres the link if you want to check the site.

http://www.totalwar.com/community/medieval2.htm

Edited by longbow

Which faction are you going to play first?

I'll play as England first,gotta teach those French the power of the Longbows ;) ,when i've finished with the French i plan on taking the Crusader cross :) .

As in RTW and RTW: Barbarian Invasion...

Wait for the mods to come out... like "Rome Total Realism" etc... where they make the game 1000x better than CA or Sega.

The people at Activision are releasing a new Total War game,

Activision hasn't own'd CA in a while... Sega bought Creative Assembly from Activision over a year ago...

I really wished the TW series focused more on campaign detail. I would have loved to have setup bagage trains, or needed to worry about the weather or season as factors. Realistic detail would have been awesome, like going too far away from the coast, in the african desert area without proper provisions can make you lose significant amount of mean. Also having to properly organize for a campaign of a certain length.

Anyway, Constantinopolis all the way. :rolleyes:

Edited by Divi Filius

I really wished the TW series focused more on campaign detail. I would have loved to have setup bagage trains, or needed to worry about the weather or season as factors. Realistic detail would have been awesome, like going too far away from the coast, in the african desert area without proper provisions can make you lose significant amount of mean. Also having to properly organize for a campaign of a certain length.

Anyway, Constantinopolis all the way. :o

this would be cool divi, though there are random weather events. I was jsut playing as ERE (Byzantines) and in thrace there was a massive flood. the flood destroyed many buildings and killled some troops.. although they dont occur all that much i think u can play around with how many times it occurs in the RTW files on your comp

It looks great. Yes i didnt like the first MTW aswell i was in the same situation as you longbow... the graphics where jsut disgraceful. Any who it looks great . Which faction are you going to play first?

I loved MTW when it came out. And really it is still a great game. Though, after playing Rome, it seems well below par. I don't play MTW campaigns anymore, but I do go back and fight custom battles every once in awhile. I love that medieval period. I can't wait for MTWII