UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

What To Bring With You?

Pantagathus

My leatherman, my Taurus .357 (w/lots of bullets) and my M-17 medical kit.

Going out with a bang aye? Jk. Apparently, your expecting to shoot a few people for fun or show them some magic. ;)

Rule one is to stay alive, everything else follows. My leatherman has come in very handy here and overseas, it can always be used for trade. And I acquired an M-17 med kit in Iraq stuffed full of first aid goodies that would be irreplaceable on this sort of mission.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fancy torch (batteries inside), a penguin copy Tacitus Annals, and a gun of some description. My aim would be to set myself up as a God by predicting the future (using the annals) creating strange nightime effects to freak out the locals (with my torch). The gun would be strictly for defence.....unless they needed a demonstration of my divine power.

A fancy torch (batteries inside), a penguin copy Tacitus Annals, and a gun of some description. My aim would be to set myself up as a God by predicting the future (using the annals) creating strange nightime effects to freak out the locals (with my torch). The gun would be strictly for defence.....unless they needed a demonstration of my divine power.

I kind of had that in mind, but what if you just by going to the past change the events already so that any decision made wouldn't really affect the current future you came from? :)

Oh by the way Lost Warrior, I already said a Latin Dictionary. But then it wouldn't be any good if you haven't taken a course on the Latin language yet. Its not like english, the language is inflective, not to mention you'd have to learn how to read the archaic style of writing.

Wait...Do we get to comeback after a few hours or what? If not, mine would be more inline with Germanicus. I would still take my gun, or "Divine Lightening Stick" as I would call it. But I wouldn't take Tacitus as it would be my aim to get myself into The Annals as the most depraved animal since "Tiberius". Then you'd all be making posts about me saying what a scumbag I was.

I think first i'd take my great-grandfather's Australian Light Horse Uniform ( A Dress Uniform, including numerous pouches on the belts, a quite fancy slouch hat with a decorative emu feather and a loaded .303 with attached bayonet, meant for parade), which is all incedentally packed in one convenient steamer trunk in my attic :lol:. I'd also take my dad's Triumph Tiger 110 (Which has saddle bags attached to the sides and a tool kit attached to the front) and a large drum of unleaded petrol so that i can win chariot races and make a fortune :rolleyes:

Edited by Tobias

I guess this is what you would bring with you during a time travel to the past, right ? Well, here goes..

I'd take buckets of nickels, dimes and quarters (passing them off as denarii), engage a number of slaves as bodyguards (you can't have too many if you ask me), find a peaceful corner (from your study of history and especially geography - far away from all scenes of battle, routes that the legions took, etc.) and set yourself up in style in a remote country villa.

Send your slaves for provisions to the city. During festivals, the only time Rome was safe as people would be merry, feasting, drinking and doing other things, I would sneak into the city and enjoy the races, fights, etc. and then get back quick (with bodyguards) back to your luxurious villa.

Money talks, even in ancient times. Considering that most people got by well on a few hundred denarii a year, a few thousand nickels would sure come in handy.

from my own shelves?

1. 14 inch bowie knife

2. medical equipment in wrap

3. hydrastis canadiensis eye salve rendered into a solidified block.

if I could trade?

1. Gladius for the knife if the steel was ok

caligae would be the thing I suppose?

Christ might be interested to see what had been written about Him! and possibly suggest a few typos.