UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Guest Puducu

Julius Caesar.. Good And Bad Points

Caesar doesn't have any weak points thats why he had to be assassinated.

His enemies were weak and never accomplished anything meaningful in their whole life except killing Caesar.

They could not beat him on his own level so they took the low road. I wish Cato the younger could have been wacked like most of them were before he took his own life. It's a shame but such is life.

Great people seem to always meet an ugly fate at the end.

How can anyone argue against Caesar. It's like ignoring historical facts.

Everyone is entitled to their beliefs but saying a human being is infallible/invincible in one field or another is kinda... If someone were to be asassinated, then it is a failure on small scale because the point is to stay alive.

So really, saying that you were just too good that they had to murder you is well off.

Also, not every great person met an ugly fate(Constantine, Augustus, et alia didn't die horribly did they) although it holds true for some great figures.

How can anyone argue against Caesar. It's like ignoring historical facts.

That is your opinion (which you are of course entitled to) and perspective; there are many different perspectives out there that find it only too easy to argue against Caesar. To a degree, it must be said that Caesar had his faults and made mistakes, as he was just as human as anyone else of the time. It can certainly be said that Caesar made up for this with his good points.

Their are historical facts that support and condemn Caesar. That is what makes history (in my opinion) so alluring; the fact that the challenge of debate is always around when discussing history; again because of the different perspectives.

One thing that strikes me constantly; wherever Caesar is now, if he could see the huge amount of controversy he's left behind that still exists over 2000 years after his death, i'm sure he'd be having a good laugh to himself ;)

Edited by Tobias

One thing that strikes me constantly; wherever Caesar is now, if he could see the huge amount of controversy he's left behind that still exists over 2000 years after his death, i'm sure he'd be having a good laugh to himself :)

I think Juilus would be chuffed to bits to find himself remembered 2000 years on. Nero would shrug. Of course he's remembered. Caligula would sneer - He already knew he was better than anyone else! :)

I think Juilus would be chuffed to bits to find himself remembered 2000 years on.

He is, IMO, the largest of life characters. His place in history is well deserved. He is as unstoppable in history as he was in life.

I think Juilus would be chuffed to bits to find himself remembered 2000 years on.

He is, IMO, the largest of life characters. His place in history is well deserved. He is as unstoppable in history as he was in life.

Agreed, all you have to do is look throught this forum and you will find everytime Julius Caesar is mentioned the posts increase and everyone wants to give their opinion good or bad, ofcourse the good outnumber the bad. Caesar is most definately larger than life.

Edited by tflex