UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roman bl00d

Hbo Rome

Hi I'm from Australia and so unfortunatly Rome has not appered on TV for us yet :( but i have heard alot about it but... lol my dad is kinda strick on ratings.. as in G, PG, M, MA, R etc :rolleyes::angry:

he doesnt care about violence but is there anything .. else in it? like nude scence.. :lol:

lol.. if u could please help me out in the it would be greatly appreciated :D

thanks

Unfortunately insufficient politics are on display .

Edited by Pertinax

thanks for sharing Iceman, and great to have all in caps and a dozen of smiley i really appreciate that, as a little thank you, i put you on moderated status, which means every time you post, well a mod has to approve to what you have to say...

cheers

viggen

Imperator

there is heaps of sex. romans love sex and they werent ashamed of it either like u obviously are. This stupid christian way of thinking from the middle ages that people keep it to themselves totally destroyed what we had back in ancient rome and the ancient world for that matter. Sex Sex and more sex mate. Loving it cause it is realistic and historically accuarte. Good job HBO and a special congrats to the actors who acted it out on screen. They managed to shed our modern shame and live without shame.

i'm not a nudist by the way. i'm just saying our modern ideas of sexuality are different from the good times 2000 years ago. When a roman wouldnt be ashamed to have sex with his wife or a prostitute (who were actually decent and not sluty) infront of his friends. A world where a son could discuss the tales of sex he had with his wife to his family members. Unlike today. Our modern world has it wrong. Afterall whats there to be ashamed of? We all do it and love it yet cant admit that we actually do it at all. We boast to our friends but not our family. We claim we are pro to our mates yet pretend sex never exists in our lives when talking to family.

Edited by gnaeus_atilius