UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Editing Posts

Would it be possible to insert a time delay before having the forum post when you edited a post? I ask because I often type quickly and post, only a second later noting a minor typo. I don't want to come off like someone who constantly changes their opinion or anything. :o

Would it be possible to insert a time delay before having the forum post when you edited a post? I ask because I often type quickly and post, only a second later noting a minor typo. I don't want to come off like someone who constantly changes their opinion or anything. :o

Good idea-I do the same , and then think of an additional paragraph ive forgotten!

I think there's little point - mainly because I do the same, and so does everyone else, I don't tend to think "This person is a fool" when I notice an edited post.

edit - wouldn't do any harm though.

Edited by Princeps

I don't think its possible. An edit is an edit after all, its pretty hard for the system to figure out a difference based on time delay but I'm checking into it momentarily.

Though, when I see an 'edit' message at the bottom of a post I don't really think anything bad was going on, I just think that someone cared enough about their presentation to make a correction or an addition, etc.

We can do several things... we can turn off the [edited by] tag... but I sort of like it.

We can turn it off and place limits on how long someone has to edit a post (for instance you could post, have say, up to 10 minutes to change your mind or make corrections, and then you couldn't edit anymore.

We can turn off the edited by tag and still give unlimited edit time.

We can leave everything exactly as it is...

Opinions?

I think the point of the edit notification is clear: to let the reader know that something was altered in the content for historical purposes, so that if a discussion is going on they cannot go back and change their opinion in the face of criticism etc.

If there is no possibility of adding a timer then I say just leave it.

I think the point of the edit notification is clear: to let the reader know that something was altered in the content for historical purposes, so that if a discussion is going on they cannot go back and change their opinion in the face of criticism etc.

If there is no possibility of adding a timer then I say just leave it.

I'm still looking but I don't think so.

First there is a peview button ---> Make use of it!

Second just (after you edited) type below inverted (edited because of typo or something) and we all know why...

regards

viggen

(edited because i type too fast)