UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Primus Pilus

Site Outages, Poor Performance, Etc.

I've notived that, possibly bad connection, or alot of people on the UNRV server or something. plenty of reason for that Flavius

I've noticed it's slower than other sites, but considering I have dialup and everything is slow, I didn't pay too much attention.

I've noticed it's slower than other sites, but considering I have dialup and everything is slow, I didn't pay too much attention.

This will also improve in the near future pending some changes in the works. :)

I've been rather busy, but do try to pop in at least once a night. Tonight is the first time in days the site was visible to me.

Glad you're back up.

I did not have any issues... did you do anything different? On a different PC or anything else etc?

I did not have any issues... did you do anything different? On a different PC or anything else etc?

Well I was on a different PC, my home one. But that never in the past has been a matter. From my home PC I was able to connect to everything else but UNRV.

I had the same problems with the site a few days ago, I contacted Pertinax about them as I could not access the HBO thread (and various other things) to add comments. The Problem has gone now but I still have a few short stops when a page is loading.

I have a feeling its my machine, maybe a virus. Also recently when I punch in a search in google for something it will jump to say ebay or amazon for a list of products under that heading.

Any virus hunter programs you folks can reccomend? :(

There were times this past week and weekend when my servor informed me it could not find UNRV. It didn't last more than a few minutes. But these occasions when it happens have been more than infrequent lately. I think it all depends on when you check in. If you check in during a peak time and have a slow connection like I do it times you out.