UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Fecal Matter Is On It's Way To The Fan...

Pantagathus

If you are an east coast American like me, this is probably the first thing you heard this morning on the way to work...

Hamas Secures Stunning Victory

:)

Every effort to move towards peaceful coexistance is about to be undone & that place is about to get worse than we've ever seen it. I can't imagine any silver lining in that cloud...

Edited by Pantagathus

If you are an east coast American like me, this is probably the first thing you heard this morning on the way to work...

Hamas Secures Stunning Victory

:)

Every effort to move towards peaceful coexistance is about to be undone & that place is about to get worse than we've ever seen it. I can't imagine any silver lining in that cloud...

It's a Bad link, it says BBC News Link not Found

The same thing came to my mind as well. Without even touching on the politics of who's right and who's wrong, who deserves this or that... we know damn well that this isn't good for peaceful co-existence of Israeli and Palestinian states, as well as people. I don't suppose that there's really been any good reasons to believe that several thousand years of intermittent warfare/fighting will come to an end any time soon anyway. Despite moments of relative calm and people on both sides who are certainly tired of the never ending battle and are trying to do the 'right things', peace just never seems to be enough of a collective goal.

Unfortunately it seems that Hamas, as was Hezbollah, is in touch with the common people. Corruption is rife within most of the islamic states/organizations, and these two parties have built hospitals, schools, etc, where their current government failed to do so. Kinda like "Well sure Hitler sucked.., but atleast the trains ran on time!"

Well boys, welcome to Isreali-Palestinian hell on earth for a long long time... this is gonna mean more fighting with the Arab-Isreali conflicts, quite honestly, I'm not up for it.

It is in times like this when the ability to take over a country and run it as your own, without anyone on the international arena paying much attention, other than disapointment they weren't there to do things first would come in handy... :)

Well boys, welcome to Isreali-Palestinian hell on earth for a long long time... this is gonna mean more fighting with the Arab-Isreali conflicts, quite honestly, I'm not up for it.

It is in times like this when the ability to take over a country and run it as your own, without anyone on the international arena paying much attention, other than disapointment they weren't there to do things first would come in handy... :)

Tried that with Iraq, comes with its own bag-o-worms.

I'm sure I'll probably take some hits for this, but I decided at some point ago I simply don't care about places where people fight over gods I don't follow and lands I feel no connection to. Israel-Palestine, North Ireland, Kashmir, African civil wars. Bleh.

I'm a firm believer that one has to pick one's causes carefully, and I've decided none of the above are mine.

I'm sure I'll probably take some hits for this, but I decided at some point ago I simply don't care about places where people fight over gods I don't follow and lands I feel no connection to. Israel-Palestine, North Ireland, Kashmir, African civil wars. Bleh.

I'm a firm believer that one has to pick one's causes carefully, and I've decided none of the above are mine.

Makes you wonder: Religion was designed to provide peace and worship but seems like just the opposite occurs. Perhaps Rome had a even more serious religious problems than we think and many of think they were many, but at the level of these modern conflicts?

Makes you wonder: Religion was designed to provide peace and worship but seems like just the opposite occurs. Perhaps Rome had a even more serious religious problems than we think and many of think they were many, but at the level of these modern conflicts?

Religion was not a major problem until the turn of the millienuem from 1bc-1ad... but evne then did not come into a HUGE issue until Christianity spread. The reasons for this, IMO, is because when you have polythesist relgions it is much easier to accept a different cultures Gods, because they are usually the same, just with different names and it is not too hard to incorporate new gods, but when you have Monothesist releigions with only one god, and one faith, etc. then they see thier ideals and beleifs as the only TRUE one and the others as false or heretics etc. This is what leads to the problems...

I'm sure I'll probably take some hits for this, but I decided at some point ago I simply don't care about places where people fight over gods I don't follow and lands I feel no connection to.

No Flak from me ! I'm a firm advocate of staying out of others affairs.

Religion was not a major problem until the turn of the millienuem from 1bc-1ad... but evne then did not come into a HUGE issue until Christianity spread. The reasons for this, IMO, is because when you have polythesist relgions it is much easier to accept a different cultures Gods, because they are usually the same, just with different names and it is not too hard to incorporate new gods, but when you have Monothesist releigions with only one god, and one faith, etc. then they see thier ideals and beleifs as the only TRUE one and the others as false or heretics etc. This is what leads to the problems...

Quite true ND... Quite true

I was about to post the same thought.

I was rather surprised the other day; i watched a news program on the Australian ABC, and it had an interviewer talking to some Hammas people (With the customary tea-towels around their heads, toting AK-47's) about an Australian hostage they took. They said that they didn't realise he was Australian, and when they did, they let him go straight away. These Hammas people ended the interview by saying that Australians are welcome in Palestine. For some reason, that's not much of an incentive for myself to go over there :)