UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

A Call To Arms

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neutrality Cato, neutrality...If this is to stand a chance of getting to the main site it MUST be without agenda. Trust me, I've been slapping myself on the wrist recently for partisanship!!!

*raspberry*

All right, all right, I promise not to finish all my glossary items with "Caesar couldn't be stabbed enough." :)

*raspberry*

All right, all right, I promise not to finish all my glossary items with "Caesar couldn't be stabbed enough." :)

This has given me an altogether different idea. (And I don't mean to hijack the thread, P. Clodius)

What if we have an opinion piece every month, or every two weeks? You know, like an editorial page in a newspaper? People can post their subjective opinions on a topic related to Roman history. Since it is an opinion piece, we could allow them a certain leeway in expressing themselves, so long as it doesn't get too out of hand.

This is a great idea. So, where should we post our glossary entries? And will the glossary be continuously updated and published, or will we have to wait for a critical mass of entries?

nope i will put them online very quickly so others can see what has been added already (avoiding duplicate submissions)

the first patch (thanks FLavius Valerius Constantinus) has been submitted and is now online already! :)

http://www.unrv.com/glossary/glossary-A.php

cheers

viggen

I'm not the worlds greatest writer but will give it a shot on a subject that interests me. Write folks, write. Write on any Rome/Roman related subject and submit it to the Triumvirate for consideration, and possible inclusion as site content. We can't let Wikipedia beat us on Roman related content...! Try to be as neutral as posible..

Thanks Clodius, yes we always welcome additions. The main 'history' site, which begins with the Kings of Rome and is currently through Hadrian, is being written in order with the intention of being a single continuing story. (and I really need to rewrite the early parts, this thing has grown far beyond my original intentions). That doesn't mean someone couldn't submit an article about Constantine, it just wouldn't be linked into that part of the 'story', but would still be readily available on the site.

There are some sections that I compiled as fairly generic overviews but still provide decent information... the provinces for instance... and others that go into far more detail, 'The Punic Wars' section for example. My coverage on some topics is cursory and really just a placeholder. As an example of this, the 'Roman medicine' section is laughable in its overall content to anyone who is educated in the field, but can serve as a quick introduction to a complete laymen.

What I am saying is... feel free to submit your own articles even if the subject exists. I take no offense to being corrected or challenged, and welcome any addition that improves the quality of the information provided.

Awesome! Thanks for the chances to write in the articles Primus! I shall get to work on it right away, I can see where my weekend will be spent.

This has given me an altogether different idea. (And I don't mean to hijack the thread, P. Clodius)

What if we have an opinion piece every month, or every two weeks? You know, like an editorial page in a newspaper? People can post their subjective opinions on a topic related to Roman history. Since it is an opinion piece, we could allow them a certain leeway in expressing themselves, so long as it doesn't get too out of hand.

So you mean like, "The Roman defeat at Adrianople: another perspective." or... "Roman Dominate: Unintended consequences." or "The 3rd Century Crisis: Not as terrible for Roma as once thought." etc? Like these?

I have to say that UNRV rules. I can't tell you how many times I've googled a topic and UNRV has come up first. I googled "Cimbri" over the weekend and it was PP's article that was the first link. If fame and fortune is sought, once again, write, write, write...your article could be read by scholars and novices alike. We CAN shape the perception of the Roman world!!

Edited by P.Clodius

Neutrality Cato, neutrality...If this is to stand a chance of getting to the main site it MUST be without agenda. Trust me, I've been slapping myself on the wrist recently for partisanship!!!

*raspberry*

All right, all right, I promise not to finish all my glossary items with "Caesar couldn't be stabbed enough." :P

But Carthago delendum est, I'm sure you aren't about to forget that.

I think you already received the rest of all the remaining terms I sent you by message.

So is there anything else I may do for you Viggen? B)

Thanks a million! :) all added and live now

http://www.unrv.com/glossary/glossary.php

well, right now we dont have anything in particular, but after the server move i will make sure to ask again :)

cheers

viggen

When are you going to publish my article Viggen? I sent it to PP should I send it to you as well?

took a while, but there you go http://www.unrv.com/ it is now online and live... :P

thanks very much

cheers

viggen

p.s. we could use a little article about horses in the roman empire for our cavalry section, anyone up for that task?