UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ian

Help

Guest Ian

Request- can someone help me translate "unimpaired by life and clean of wickedness for the sake of honor at the point of death" and just "for the sake of honor at the point of death"?

What i have it as is"integer vitae scelerisque purus honoris causa in articulo mortis" and "honeste vivere in articulo mortis" but i'm not sure if that is a proper translation.

Your help is apreciated

If you still need the translatioin:

I've just learned Latin, so, take my answer at your own risk :o

First of all, integer is more like, whole, or untouched, you might want to use a perfect passive participle of impedio (to hinder) and put 'not' in front i.e. non impeditus, not hindered. If you use this translation, 'by life' would br translated a vita. Clean of evil could be translated integer malis, litterally untouched by bad things. In translating 'Because of honor' you could use an adlative of cause i.e. honore. This next sentence is a little tricky, try as I might, I cannot find out how to say 'to the point of death' so I'll just translate as 'even when dying' i.e. etiam dum moriens, I think :o

anyway, this is what I have, as mistake ridden as it way be: Non impeditus a vita et integer malis etiam dum moriens