UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

What Would You Bring Back?

Virgil61

I'd definately want a slave or two. They wouldn't fit into a bag though.

Edited by Princeps

Me personaly, I'd bring back a ton of roman coinage (all in sestereces and denarii of course)

A latin dictionary

A copy of Tacitus (and any other history book I could find)

A sword

A gun with ammo

A large dark cloak, as well as a stylish blue tunic with a lovely greek geometric trim (something I saw a while ago and seems particularly attractive to me)

A recipe book

and what ever other junk I could fit in a backpack (since mine is now fairly stuffed)

What I do is go through passing myself off as a prophet with little "fits of prophecy" in certain special times to use only to my advantage. I could do this by using my history book and I could speak it in latin using the handy dictionary and the latin knowledge I have already. I'd eventually set up in Ravenna or a town like that. Once the time came around, I'd go and personaly change history by heading to Isreal and stoping christianity from existing ;) No offense to any christians, but I just think we'd be better off with out the huge relgious conflicts did more harm than he did good. Though that may be controversal. Then I'd head back and set up in Rome. Once Agustus finaly settled in the City, I'd make my way up the social ladder until eventually Agustus would talk to me, and I'd tell him to make Germanicus his heir using a "fit of Prophecy" and then I'd settle into a comfy life in a country villa living my ideal dream life. This is after finding an ancilla or femina that shares my views and buying (if a slave) or marrying her if she is free. From there, life just gets better and better till I die.

Oh yes, I want the recipe book to cook something relitively ediable.

Edited by Sextus Roscius

Me personaly, I'd bring back a ton of roman coinage (all in sestereces and denarii of course)

This is after finding an ancilla or puella that shares my views and buying (if a slave) or marring her if she is free. From there, life just gets better and better till I die.

Oh yes, I want the recipe book to cook something relitively ediable.

Bah! Christianity will happen and you know that. Anyways if Christianity so ever gets a firm footing in Greece, well lets just say Greek people are extremely proud/stubborn.

"Cough" I wouldn't use the word puella(even though its ok) it just denotes a girl of young age.' Also, we wouldn't want to 'mar'(physically abuse/damage) our wives do we, but I believe you said marrying anyways. ;)

Edited by FLavius Valerius Constantinus

Pardon my spelling, I meant Marrying, and I used the word Puella becuse I'm only in middle school, I'm still not quite to the point where if I think of people of my age as women. But if it suits you, I shal change it to Femina

This is what you'd take back, so I'd take a gun, lets give them a blast from the future eh. it would be a last defense item, probley only a single shot mini-pistol or something like that. As soon as I has used up all the ammo, I'd have it smelted down.

This is what you'd take back, so I'd take a gun, lets give them a blast from the future eh. it would be a last defense item, probley only a single shot mini-pistol or something like that. As soon as I has used up all the ammo, I'd have it smelted down.

It's what you would "bring" back - from the past.

I guess I'd grab a copy of Caesars Ant-Cato, a copy of Claudius Etruscan History and a nice bust of someone.

Although literary works would be good to bring back to our times

i would personally bring back...

A cloak of the Virgin Mary (hopefully she doesnt think im stalking her lol)

Alot of denarii

And probably a Bust

and if room i would steal a few Papyri from the Library of Alexandria ;)