• Islam
    • Traditional Roman Religion
    • Other Polytheistic Religion
    • Atheism

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Roman Catholic; although, i must say that i don't have to attend church regularly to be thus; my religion is between me and My God. I prefer not to rely on a medium (priests etc) in between. I guess that is kind of a contradiction. My explanation has a few holes, but that's the way it works for me :P

I don't beleive in God, and my stance on religion is pretty much the same as primus described, however i really respect people's spirituality and love talking to religious people about religion, as i envy their faith in some ways.

As long as they don't start talking like god is a person, someone they know and have conversations with, becuase then i start to edge away... slowly hehe!

• 1 year later...

Add another Atheist to the list right here. I don't care what you believe in - but the whole organized religion thing just is not for me.

I guess I'm a Sagan Atheist, as opposed to a Dawkins Atheist. I'm not antagonistic to religion or to believers, per se, and I'm willing to listen but, if you hope to convince me to commit the fate of my purported immortal soul to your way of thinking, you're going to have to offer me something more solid than circular appeals to authority ("We know it's so because the Bible says so, and we know the Bible is the Word of God because it says so, right here.")

Atheist. Willing to listen, but won't die in the name of anyone. If forced at gunpoint to pick one, I'd have to go with some Roman or Greek polytheism because the gods have personalities, and that's fun.

I attended a youth group meeting at one of my friend's churches once. They were talking about fellowship. The guy preaching made a good point about how the church brings people together. Unfortunately, he started talking about people in fellowship share things in the community; I can't exactly repeat what he said-- but it was basically something a Marxist would say, and I'm a capitalist, not a communist. Also, saying working on sundays for extra pay is the devil using you kind of turned me off.

Can god be a sum of all physical forces within the universe?

Edited by Antiochus of Seleucia

I'm athiest too, I don't believe in god, I've nothing against people who do as long as they don't start preaching to me......God is great!....... God is life!......Heaven awaits those who believe!

Prove it and I'll consider it!

Can god be a sum of all physical forces within the universe?

That was, more or less, Einstein's version.

Edited by Marcus Caelius

I'm intrigued by the 5 votes for 'Traditional Roman religion'. Are they really a member of some kind of group, initiated and all that? Based on historical sources, maybe in the vein of reenactment, or in a more esoteric direction? Or is it simply a perceived affinity with a religion long gone?

Enlighten me please.

As for myself, I'm fascinated by religion, but I won't be a part of it.

Roman Catholic...I like to argue with activist atheists who try to attack me with rhetorical questions "Prove it" when I tell them that they couldn't explain their own existence.

Heh heh. Boy, have I got the forum for you.