UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Pronunciation - Words & Names

Caius Maxentius

Doc of love:

Let me help you out a bit. Pertinax said: Ahh, Many happy expressions.

Pentagathus (lately dubbed Giovanni by yours truly) told Ginevra to take a bet that I am tippin' high cotton. I asked her if 10 lira was OK.

Uppity Florentines! Mange na sfoilgliatelle cu na tasse 'e cafe invesia d' quelle cosa Fiorentina.

I te bene assai, pura,

O Serpe Nere

P. S.

It's 'Carthage' who is thinking Punic.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Docoflove, they arent speaking italian!!! They're speaking something weird and it's hard for me to understand them.

Gaius, i understand what "Bel 'e mom, i crede che tu si bel. Biondina, te piace assai" means. -.-

ma io non sono bionda. capisci se parlo cos

Docoflove, they arent speaking italian!!! They're speaking something weird and it's hard for me to understand them.

Gaius was speaking a certain dialect and I barely know what I'm doing in Italian but I try... We switched to something completely different to cause even more confusion... :shocking:

Gaius, i understand what "Bel 'e mom, i crede che tu si bel. Biondina, te piace assai" means. -.-

ma io non sono bionda. capisci se parlo cos

Gaius was speaking a certain dialect and I barely know what I'm doing in Italian but I try... We switched to something completely different to cause even more confusion... :(

Oh good, so it's not just me :blink:

Troops from Lancashire (UK) stationed in Norway during the Second WW found that they could make themselves understood when speaking Lancashire dialect-and vice versa-they could tune into a lot of ,apparent, donated words.

The dialects of northern England seem to have retained the highest number of norse words (and pronunciation traits).

------

Sono Porci Questi Romani

SPQR

So apparently that tremendous film is known abroad too :D

sono castana con riflessi ramati quando i capelli prendono il sole smile.gif. quella nella foto