41 members have voted

1. 1. Highest level

• Currently Attending High School
    • High School Diploma or Equivalent
    • Attending Undergraduate
    • Bachelor's Degree
    • Attending Graduate School
    • MA, MBA or Master's Equivalent
    • Professional Degree/Doctorate (JD, MD, DO, etc)
    • PhD, EdD or Equivalent

I'm in High School, in my Preliminary year before New South Wales's Higher School Certificate year. The results i get in the HSC next year determine my place on Australia's UAI, and my eligibility to attend Australian Universities. Most of my knowledge about ancient Rome is surplus knowledge i've learnt myself :P

What is grad school?

I get confused by all the american terms!

I'm in my second year at uni.

The route of education in England goes sort of like this:

Primary School (4-11yrs)

Secondary School (11 - 16yrs)

College/6th Form (16-18 or 19yrs)

University (18+)

The average degree here lasts for 3 years. 4 years if you choose a year of study abroad or do a work placement.

After undergraduate you can go on to further study that can last for up to a further 3 years.

I did things a little different by starting work at 16 and then deciding I wanted to go to uni, so doing my A Level at night class while working full time as a secretary and living in my own house!

What is grad school?

I get confused by all the american terms!

I'm in my second year at uni.

The route of education in England goes sort of like this:

Grad school or Graduate school is studying for a Master's degree or higher. One has 'graduated' from undergraduate (BA, BS level).

Ahh i see!

BSBA (Finance, with an Economics minor).

My wife also indicates I have a Masters Degree in Sarcasm and a PhD in Wiseguy, but I usually don't put those on my resume'.

As of yesterday I'm officially the owner of a MA diploma in History, Classical period :) Now I begin my MA course in Sciences and Technologies of Information and Communication

Congrats.

Going over to the dark side? I see that happen a lot around me lately...

Not really going to the dark side : in fact I do mix two competence in a diplomaed way in order to help introduce the technology in the science. I already helped a friend with a PhD in Coptic with his database of documentary inscriptions ( doing all the web related work ) and I'll work on two new projects from now on : the first one will be another coptic project, the publication of some 500 papyri coming from a single egyptian monastery and the second a project around a massive database on Harpocrate, the graco-egyptian god ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harpocrates ). I could also work on a third project on greek epigraphy and papyrology but it is not certain yet.

Not really going to the dark side : in fact I do mix two competence in a diplomaed way in order to help introduce the technology in the science. I already helped a friend with a PhD in Coptic with his database of documentary inscriptions ( doing all the web related work ) and I'll work on two new projects from now on : the first one will be another coptic project, the publication of some 500 papyri coming from a single egyptian monastery and the second a project around a massive database on Harpocrate, the graco-egyptian god ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harpocrates ). I could also work on a third project on greek epigraphy and papyrology but it is not certain yet.

Συγχαρητήρια

Excellent.

We need those papyri. Can you lift a tip of the veil?

What era are they, orginals or copies etc.

They all come from a single monastery, have been kept in a private French collection until the death of the owner when the collection came to the Louvre which gave the scientific work to Alain Delattre, a Belgian scientist of the Universit