UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sextus Roscius

Alter The Outcome

You are given the ability to go back to any event in history and change it.

Stop Alexander the great from embarking on his journey by having him never be born, make sure Jesus doesn't die on the cross, Give Napolean a few extra hints which will lead him to take Russia. Go back and kill George Washington so America never existed, Expose Hitler for who he really was and stop WWII, Make sure the War in Iraq never happens, It's all up to you!

Personaly, I go back and make sure Judaism was never founded, then we would all live as nice, easy to accept the other, pagans and polytheistics, making sure that most all religious conflicts (especialy the modern ones) never would happen.

Edited by Sextus Roscius

Personaly, I go back and make sure Judaism was never founded, then we would all live as nice, easy to accept the other, pagans and polytheistics, making sure that most all religious conflicts (especialy the modern ones) never would happen.

If you're gonna do that, then I'm gonna have to go back and kill you...:) Not even kidding, this topic might get out of hand...

I don't say that out of hatred of any Religion, but out of hatred of violence as the result of the stems of Judaism. No offense Flavius, I think you were interpreting what I said in the wrong way...

If histroy didn't have Judaisim, the ten commandments wouldn't exist. People would be murdering and raping each other on a mass scale without accountability. Judaism brought discipline to the world.

You should not ignore the violence that paganism brought with it, one good example is sacrifice. Things where not all that nice and rosy as you make it sound.

Ah well, Another good moment I'd love go do back and change, is when man first tied a stone to a stick, I would've been there and said. Now look, I've got a much better deal for you, you see that metal, go fetch boy!

If it's really true that the Library of Alexandria was destroyed by Caesar's stay in Egypt, it's yet another reason to have hoped that Caesar had been defeated at Pharsalus.

If it's really true that the Library of Alexandria was destroyed by Caesar's stay in Egypt, it's yet another reason to have hoped that Caesar had been defeated at Pharsalus.

Sorry to disappoint you but it's not true. Only copies were destroyed not the originals. There is no evidence that the main library was destroyed by Caesar.

I would have exposed the senator's plot against Caesar. Caesar would have lived and kept on conquering.

Edited by tflex

I'd go back and give native american peoples the secret of gunpowder.

So many choices. Pertaining to Roman history, obliterate the Goths at Adrianople or the Turks at Manzikert so thoroughly they cease to be effective opponents at least for the short-term. Discover the ambush about to occur at Teutoberg Forest. Maybe saving Constantinople.

What good would that do? It takes a lot more than gunpowder to make a gun!

They would have lost even with gunpowder and guns. You need to give them more than that if you aim to change the outcome.

They would have lost even with gunpowder and guns. You need to give them more than that if you aim to change the outcome.

Talking about history, it was the outbreaks and spread of disease by Europeans that killed the Natives. So yes, gun powder did not matter at all. I wonder why the natives immune system were so weak.

Talking about history, it was the outbreaks and spread of disease by Europeans that killed the Natives. So yes, gun powder did not matter at all. I wonder why the natives immune system were so weak.

What you think the invaders didn't shoot the natives ? There weren't battles ? The natives immune systems were so weak because they'd never been exposed to European colds and flu, the more exposure you get, the greater your immunity.

Okay, to satisfy you hair splitters, I'll go back in 500AD, expose them to every know disease I can take with me, and give them the gun powder secret, leaving them immunity, and firepower.

What good would that do? It takes a lot more than gunpowder to make a gun!

Oh does it ? Thanks I didn't know, silly me.

Who knows what they would have done with it.

The point was that I'd like to !!!