UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  

What would UNRV reviewing? Fansites, infosites, RV, Guildsites? :unsure:

Hiya Reb, hopefully, we'll put up reviews of Roman themed media. Movies, books, television documentaries, etc. Its going to be a while since we're trying to get more history content up first. But thats the goal.

Read or watched anything you want to review... send us your comments :unsure:

Oh, ok. Don't got much here (Poland) in english(books, tv), never mind roman stuff, but i'll be looking out for stuff.

Will you accpet help in reviewing items? im quite up to date with the Computer game side of things especialy where Rome is concerned and could Write some Reviews of these for you. only if you wanted these things reviewing and i would be willing to Do so from a historical context, ie concentrate the historical accurecy of the game and its workings and less on the Fun, or i could try to fit it into the review allongside the general games review build. Obvioulsy it would be spelll checked as im a little bit useless at Spelling and Grammer.. but hey nobodys perfect!

We absolutely take any help we can get, if you would review them we would gladly publish it...

ok.

I can review quite a few games from 1990 to now, provide screenshots and info on makers/publishers. But is there any kind of Rule of thumb as to what to and what not to review?

Also would you like the reviews done in any perticular style? or should i just try to get a good mix in there ie: should the game be reviewed as a game or should it be reviewed for its Accurecy to the subject?

Or do you not care either way :)

As long as it is based on Rome or the ancient world in general, feel free to review it. We've already had several contributions from the community (Ursus and Pompeius Magnus, btw thanks again guys), and the more the merrier.

Personally, since this is a Roman history website, I like to touch on accuracy as a piece of the review (I have only reviewed fiction novels so far), but not as the only thing. If you want to include that in your review of games, feel free, but if you aren't comfortable with it, don't worry about it. Games are supposed to be fun, so I suppose that's the main thing :)