UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

New Server

Pantagathus and self swapped E mails about 17.30 ish ,site seemed to be unavailable for perhaps 30 minute.

• 1 month later...

Just a couple of things - Site performance is much better than with the previous host, but I do get this message at least 2 to 3 times a week, yes usually down for about 5-10 minutes only, happened at 6:12pm(Melbourne time) today:-

There was a communication problem.

Message ID

TCP_ERROR

Problem Description

The system was unable to communicate with the server.

Possible Problem Cause

The Web server may be down.

The Web server may be too busy.

The Web server may be experiencing other problems, preventing it from responding to clients.

The communication path may be experiencing problems.

Possible Solution

Try connecting to this server later.

No biggie but thought you'd want to know.

I also get the "flood control" pretty regularly these days, which I thought had been disabled.

Just a couple of things - Site performance is much better than with the previous host, but I do get this message at least 2 to 3 times a week, yes usually down for about 5-10 minutes only, happened at 6:12pm(Melbourne time) today:-

There was a communication problem.

Message ID

TCP_ERROR

Problem Description

The system was unable to communicate with the server.

Possible Problem Cause

The Web server may be down.

The Web server may be too busy.

The Web server may be experiencing other problems, preventing it from responding to clients.

The communication path may be experiencing problems.

Possible Solution

Try connecting to this server later.

No biggie but thought you'd want to know.

I also get the "flood control" pretty regularly these days, which I thought had been disabled.

I haven't seen the server down error. Maybe it's simply a matter of US servers doing maintenance when there is the least amount of US activity (during your prime time of course).

As for flood control, Moon had to do some minor upgrades and it probably got automatically set to the default which was 60 seconds. I lowered it considerably.

just had short down time here , UK 16:20- 16:40-thought it best to mention .

got reply from our host today

As you are probably already aware, our network experienced two separate outages in the past 24 hours. The first outage occurred Thursday evening around 5:00 pm MST, and the second outage occurred this morning shortly after 9:00 am MST. Both outages were related to one of our core routers. Our Engineers along with Cisco

• 3 weeks later...

was that some more maintenance? I need my UNRV fix! ( timed out 10.20 to 11.10 pm UK).