UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Primus Pilus

New Roman Empire Wallmap Feedback

Hmm, i guess i'm lucky; my dad's a jack-of-all trades, and he says he can frame it for me when it arrives <_<

Good feedback on our map from the net... :)

http://www.sokabs.com/2006/03/23/unrv-roman-empire-map/

cheers

viggen

Hello All! The site referenced above is mine, and I'd like to say that I am so pleased with my map. I have already used it in 2 academic presentations on the Roman empire, and it is fantastic. I knew that I'd be putting the map to so much use that the laminating would be necessary. It works great, as I can use dry-erase markers on it to highlight things like the movements of troops and phases of imperial expansion, etc.. Wonderful job. I am most knowledgeable on the Roman east, specifically in the provinces of Palestine, Syria, and Arabia, and would love to consult on any future version.

I too got my map the other day, and have framed it, it's fantastic !!!!!

Hello All! The site referenced above is mine, and I'd like to say that I am so pleased with my map. I have already used it in 2 academic presentations on the Roman empire, and it is fantastic. I knew that I'd be putting the map to so much use that the laminating would be necessary. It works great, as I can use dry-erase markers on it to highlight things like the movements of troops and phases of imperial expansion, etc.. Wonderful job. I am most knowledgeable on the Roman east, specifically in the provinces of Palestine, Syria, and Arabia, and would love to consult on any future version.

Indeed we could have used some aid especially in establishing the sites of legionary fortresses in Judaea. It was not so much a question of evidence as much as placing them in the right place for the particular time frame.

At any rate, thank you for the compliments... and should we ever make a larger representation of the east, I hope you won't mind if we pick your brain.

I am most knowledgeable on the Roman east, specifically in the provinces of Palestine, Syria, and Arabia, and would love to consult on any future version.

Indeed we could have used some aid especially in establishing the sites of legionary fortresses in Judaea. It was not so much a question of evidence as much as placing them in the right place for the particular time frame.

At any rate, thank you for the compliments... and should we ever make a larger representation of the east, I hope you won't mind if we pick your brain.

I would love to help. In my opinion, the biggest weakness I saw in the map was the abscence of some fortresses in the east, particularly in Judaea and Transjordan (Provincia Arabia). On another note... is it possible to get some digital segments of this map for use in presentations? I wouldn't be looking for a full digital copy of the entire map (and could see people printing off multiple copies), but small segments to illustrate specific locations. Also, would it be possible to reprint a smaller version of this map within an academic publication?

I am most knowledgeable on the Roman east, specifically in the provinces of Palestine, Syria, and Arabia, and would love to consult on any future version.

I would love to help. In my opinion, the biggest weakness I saw in the map was the abscence of some fortresses in the east, particularly in Judaea and Transjordan (Provincia Arabia). On another note... is it possible to get some digital segments of this map for use in presentations? I wouldn't be looking for a full digital copy of the entire map (and could see people printing off multiple copies), but small segments to illustrate specific locations. Also, would it be possible to reprint a smaller version of this map within an academic publication?

Darrell, feel free to contact me privately... primuspilus@unrv.com and we can discuss the details.

That is beautiful. Is that on sale, and if so for how much? Never mind ust saw it. Its not too bad in price but keep in mind its just a map. I still WANT IT REALLY BADLY. Time to start raising money. ;)

Edited by Rameses the Great

Holy...that map looks amazing. Sadly, I have no means of credit card to use to pay. I'm still only 16.

If there is a way to pay for it by cash thru mail, let me know?

I guess you can always go and get a money order .. that should be simple

I too got my map the other day, and have framed it, it's fantastic !!!!!

Just hung my framed copy on the wall and I must say, the framing makes a vast difference, particularly with an antique frame and matching antique map. I also used Perfect View glass and the end result is way better than I expected.

It's great to look at it now with a huge magnifying glass to discern the finer features of the map and it really puts things in perspective.

Ha! My map arrived yesterday! I must say that i am seriously impressed with it; i could never have imagined how good it is on the spot even with pictures on this website. I would recommend anyone interested in Rome to buy this map.

Thanks for all the compliments! I'm going to have to start carrying my head around in a wheelbarrow.

Moonlapse, this is a great accomplishment, in my opinion and I think every school / college should have one as this will really bring history to life. A great map is like a good reference book - one that you will keep coming back to again and again.

I did buy the first one a while back for my National History Day project and must say it added a lot to my project. I will definitely purchase the newest one when I get the money.

A new member here that is really in love with this project. I am making plans to order one and have it framed for the center piece of my office.

It looks outstanding online and can't wait to see it in person!

I just opened a paypal account and purchased it... Thankfully I was recently able to get my hands on a credit card... I wanted to get this for a long while.