UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lostgirl

Prominent Families

i have a paper i have to write for my Latin III class, the topic is prominent families in Rome. My teacher asked me to follow member of the family foe the history paper, but i don't have any clue as to what families i should follow! i first researched that exact topic in google and got a whole bunch of crap...so i started to look at roman history, and just got confused because i didn't know if the emperor's families would be considered prominent through out roman history. i was under the impression that senators and their familes were politically active through out roman history, but i'm not sure. please help me get a starting place! :bag:

:fish: (i just like the fish one)

Primus Pilus...I LOVE YOU :D :notworthy: THANK YOU SO MUCH, i just needed some where to start, thank you! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps thats a bit of an exxageration for what was provided... but you did just make my day :)

The decendants of the Commeni Emperors of the eastern Roman Empire may still be around.

Pah, I wouldn't consider any of the imperial families to be prominent throughout history. They had a short life span.

What was a Severus to a Valerius, after all?

Primus Pilus gave you two good examples. I'd also suggest the gentes Fabia, Claudia, Valeria, and possibly Julia.

The ones with the most information on them might be the Cornelii Scipiones or the Fabii Maximi. Some of them are famous contemporaries!