UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Gallery Comments

apologies PP , I had to sign off after last pm-I have no further "foreign objects " in my galleries but I urge other members to check "comments" -nothing particularly bad just pointless spam.

Everyone please check again-ive just seen a recurrence of spam on the "last 10 comments" in the gallery! :rolleyes: Looks like may be hitting the "last 10" regardless of content

Pantagathus -some on your pics! and mine.

edit: Im going to delete an image affected and see if that gets rid of the junk..

nope it just pushes the spam onto other images... Triumvir please help!

Edited by Pertinax

Everyone please check again-ive just seen a recurrence of spam on the "last 10 comments" in the gallery! :) Looks like may be hitting the "last 10" regardless of content

edit: Im going to delete an image affected and see if that gets rid of the junk..

Ouch I see!!!! Why me?!?!? :rolleyes:

I deleted my pic, now the spam is in one of Lacertus'

Edited by Pantagathus

Everyone please check again-ive just seen a recurrence of spam on the "last 10 comments" in the gallery! :) Looks like may be hitting the "last 10" regardless of content

Ouch I see!!!! Why me?!?!? :rolleyes:

I deleted my pic, now the spam is in one of Lacertus'

Its a spam bot... Moonlapse is researching a solution :(

just go to -last 10 comments ...and the junk is there to see

also, dont delete your pics folks as this just fires the spam onto another set of images-unless the Triumvirate order otherwise.

Edited by Pertinax

just go to -last 10 comments ...and the junk is there to see

also, dont delete your pics folks as this just fires the spam onto another set of images-unless the Triumvirate order otherwise.

Yes don't delete your images as it will do nothing to stop it. I'm trying to block the offending IP addresses as they pop up but spam bots will be able to work around this without too much difficulty. Still it might offer temporary relief until we can get something more definitive from Invision.

well the spamtest image has quite a few random comments attached now..but doesnt seem to be taking the bait..

Edited by Pertinax

groan...crucifixions too good for them! :fish:

if everyone is wandering why two tins of spam are in the gallery please scroll baclk on this thread!

Edited by Pertinax

I think PP might be right on target with a "time activated " spambot so please log times if you see anything weird!