UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
longbow

Rome: Total War

The 6.o realism MOD has had a patch released for it,thats the 6.1.you still need the 1.2 official RTW patch.

Guest scottr
well there is a mod for rome which is supposed to make it really historically correct with unit numbers and so forth,taking out made up units,though i think i know where screeching women came from, the battle in britainia where the revolt was beaten and a women had been leading it,not quite sure which battle but basically the british women had made a wall of wagons to watch their men win and to cheer for them and when the britains routed this caused many of them to die but back to the point,the mod is called total realism maybe look it up on google as i dont feel like going and getting the link and so forth and also there is an expansion coming out for rom,also i think they mainly did the political parts on the romans,because to make all of the events and systems for all of the cultures would take a long time,oh and maxed out bull riders wreck!

I think what you're talking about is Boudicca from 61 AD. She was the leader of the revolt of the Iceni tribe and after her husband was killed and her 2 daughters were humilliated (raped and beaten), she burned 2 towns and marched on London itself.

Medieval is no were near it m8,get RTW its loads better :D L

I disagree somewhat m8. :) Don't get me wrong. Overall, RTW is better than MTW as far as the engine goes. However, I am a fan of Medieval and Roman history. I own both games and I find myself after playing RTW for awhile, longing for the Medieval experience again. Medieval campaign play is also far more conducive to my busy schedule. It doesn't take as long to finish the game for me. I build up a navy and can conquer the whole map in no time. But Rome you actually have to march your armies to their destination; it's not just moving from one province to another. While Rome Campaign is more realistic, I find I can do more in MTW in a shorter amount of time.

I love both games. If you're not perpetually busy like I am, than you'll probably enjoy RTW much better as you'll have more time to put into it. IF you can sit in front of your computer all day you likely will forget all about MTW and go nuts over RTW. I recommend holding onto MTW until they update it with the RTW engine or develop a medieval mod for RTW.

I think they have a medieval mod for RTW if I'm not mistaken. Or they are in the process of developing one. I'd love that.

Now, on another note. I just downloaded the RTR 6.0 with 6.2 patch. Anybody else here got that one? I haven't played it yet. Anybody know what the key differences are? I don't necessarily care about the new units and factions they added. I saw those on totalwar.org I think it was. Actual gameplay what are the differences.

ANd has anyone played the Barbarian Invasion mod? How is that?

I've been playing RTW for some time now. Fantastic game in my opinion, Rich graphics and good game play make it interesting. I haven't purchased the new barbarian add-on yet. Has anybody tried it out? Winter is coming and I need a new game during the winter!!

Cheers,

Decimus

vor_banner.jpg

a terrible moral conundrum -Total War and Rubicon arrived simultaneously this morning-do I feed the intellect or start hacking through bloodstained combat?

and the answer is both at the same time-just been stumbling around in my first battle in "total realism" what a good looking game!

Now, on another note. I just downloaded the RTR 6.0 with 6.2 patch. Anybody else here got that one? I haven't played it yet. Anybody know what the key differences are? I don't necessarily care about the new units and factions they added. I saw those on totalwar.org I think it was. Actual gameplay what are the differences.

ANd has anyone played the Barbarian Invasion mod? How is that?

6.2 is totally different. The majority units you build in it are related directly to the region you conquer, with only the "traditional" units being recruitable anywhere (once you have built up the settlement enough). For example, when the Romans conquer a "Gallic" cultured region, they can (for a while until they have built the city up enough) build Gallic Auxilary units. It's quite hard to explain really, but I would STRONGLY suggest you try it: It really does so much more than I said.

BI on the other hand is a little .... rubbish. I would suggest waiting out on it till my own realism mod (Imperia Romana) is released (the first "hotfix" version coming out around Christmas). Check out our forum here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=79

Actually i think the fictional unit is the Druid. B)

And ive completed the Imperial Campaign with Carthage on the hardest difficulty so i can honestly say i mastered it... i think....

try playing online dude....there are people out their that dedicate their entire life playing rome total war.....i have allso beaten it...but with every faction...and i still lose online :(:(

I love the hoplites! I love beeing Egypt with the pharaoh's spearman, bowman, and not to mention the desert axeman meant to hack throught the Roman legions! Its a great game that produces accurate scenarios...hmm...only if everybody in this forum agreed to it beeing good. ;)

I love the hoplites! I love beeing Egypt with the pharaoh's spearman, bowman, and not to mention the desert axeman meant to hack throught the Roman legions! Its a great game that produces accurate scenarios...hmm...only if everybody in this forum agreed to it beeing good. ;)

I am partial to the Caledonii infantry and the Bastaernae falxemen. On the other hand the Equites Alares are impressive.

I do believe undubtedly though the Spartan hoplites are the best units in the game. THeir description says, 'these men are taken from infancy and trained to be great soldiers. They are the perfect troops and nothing less.' Thats enough for me. ;)