UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Rome: Total War

longbow

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if and when the Rome Total War 7.0 Alexander expansion pack comes out? I saw that it said that it was completed but I do not know if it came out yet and I am dying. The title said 'Rome Total War Alexander is here!'

Thanks in advance.

I thought they were coming out with it today, what happened? :(

Never mind it costs money. The Rome TotalRealism did not cost any money why the change of heart? I for one will not buy it, and am deeply sadened by this. They are just pulling my leg, tsk, tsk, ridiculous. I paid $50 for that and now I have to pay extra for a mode supported by the people who created the game. That just does not make any sense! B)

Edited by Rameses the Great

Its arguably one of the best strategy games ever made. All the total war games are really.

That maybe, but the rome toal realsim mod is far supperior.

http://www.rometotalrealism.org/

sorry if sombody has mentioned RTR, i can't bothered to read the entire thread.

oh you have.

After installing Windows on my new MacBook Pro, I finally got a chance to play RTW to see what all the fuss was about. It's cool! I loved playing the Brutii and wiping the Julii off the map, though I do wish I could play the Senate and People of Rome instead. Marching on Rome like Sulla wasn't as fun as doing all those little Senate missions and watching my family rise up the cursus honorum.

Does anyone know if playing SPQR is an option with the RTR mod? Also, can you run the RTR mod with the 1.3 patch?

In the RTR mod, instead of 3 families and the senate, there is only 1 Roman faction. So, you don't get a chance to destroy fellow Romans, but it's much more realistic. I love RTR.

Also, I believe RTR 6.0 runs on the 1.2 patch, though I'm not completely sure.

Edited by Dominus Rex

After installing Windows on my new MacBook Pro, I finally got a chance to play RTW to see what all the fuss was about. It's cool! I loved playing the Brutii and wiping the Julii off the map, though I do wish I could play the Senate and People of Rome instead. Marching on Rome like Sulla wasn't as fun as doing all those little Senate missions and watching my family rise up the cursus honorum.

Hey, I am a Julii guy so don't make fun of them. I destroyed the Gauls and love destroying the Scipii and the Brutii. ;):)

Does anyone know if playing SPQR is an option with the RTR mod?

I don't know, but as you beat levels with certain factions more open up. For example once you finish with the Brutii you get more empires to play with. You can play with Carthage, Egypt, etc. However if you can play with Rome and Senate I don't know. Just keep shredding through the levels and see what happens.

Also, can you run the RTR mod with the 1.3 patch?

I'm sure you can, just check with the toal war site. I also thing the 6.0 mod runs with it.

Also, can you run the RTR mod with the 1.3 patch?

Cato you can just install the 1.5 patch http://www.totalwar.com/index.html?page=/u...ml&nav=/us/8/1/ and then install RTR Platinum http://forums.rometotalrealism.org/index.php?showforum=153, it's a very nice mod and I think you would enjoy it. RTR gold is for 1.2 patch only.

• 1 month later...

i just downloaded an extremely fun and historically accurate mod.. its called 'Imperium Julianorum' its only a beta and it is being updated constantly but its really good... id reccomend it for anyone who is familiar with the last pagan emperor Julian the Apostate or who prefer the later roman empire... the map is extended all the way to the indus valley to cover the entire Sassanid empire and the roman empire is one instead of two making it alot of fun. Armenia has also been added as a faction sitting dangerously in between the roman and sassanid empires. Just a great overall mod who id recommend to anyone

i just downloaded an extremely fun and historically accurate mod.. its called 'Imperium Julianorum' its only a beta and it is being updated constantly but its really good... id reccomend it for anyone who is familiar with the last pagan emperor Julian the Apostate or who prefer the later roman empire... the map is extended all the way to the indus valley to cover the entire Sassanid empire and the roman empire is one instead of two making it alot of fun. Armenia has also been added as a faction sitting dangerously in between the roman and sassanid empires. Just a great overall mod who id recommend to anyone

Do you need the Rome TotalWar: Barbarian Invasion in order to use it?

By the way I checked the site, they seem to be down.