UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Caesar+syphillus?

Lost_Warrior

I suppose it is possible that she got Caesar's epilepsy confused with the mental effects of an advanced case of syphillus.

For her sake, hopefully not. I can imagine her getting a few lawsuits in the future if she's thinking like that. (Kid dies of epileptic fit, which she's previously diagnosed as a mild case of scrofula, etc etc).

Edited by Princeps

lol I have no idea what she was thinking. I didn't have time to ask (and at my school I might have gotten kicked out of the auditorium and detention for being "disrespectful" if I had. Ugh. What did my principle say...oh yea..."it doesn't matter if you right, as soon as you tell your teacher they're wrong...you're wrong" (of course most of the teachers don't abide by that. They love to be questioned much of the time)

My old history teacher encouraged all of us to correct him if he was wrong; he says that it is good for a student to do so, as both the student and the teacher learn from it. Of course, he said there was limits, but suitably applied...

My old history teacher encouraged all of us to correct him if he was wrong; he says that it is good for a student to do so, as both the student and the teacher learn from it. Of course, he said there was limits, but suitably applied...

I rather think Lost Warrior has it right - the nurse has heard Caesar suffered from some disease and then made an assumption. She didn't check her facts!! Certainly, I have never heard that the reputedly fastidious Caesar suffered from an STD - even Colleen McCullough hasn't gone that far!!

Phil