• Scottish
    • African
    • Jewish
    • Other (what is it)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An Australian mixed-breed: My mother is Irish and German, and her family came to Australia in the late 1800's, and my father was a Scot on both his mother and father's sides, having migrated to Australia in the 1950's, and i'm apparently able to trace my ancestry back to William Wallace, although i didn't know he had any children. Perhaps i am merely of the same family as him, not a direct descendant :)

Patrlineal:Dublin -Viking with a little Welsh ( Brythonic) and french, (but apparently no Irish :P ) , Matrilineal : Brythonic Brigantine- but perilously close to Marcus Aurelius' Sarmatian plantation at Bremetenacum ( be a nice exotic touch) .

So , pick the bones out of that if you can.

The simple answer is unassailably British.

aside: it amuses me that the three major film stars of post war Britain considered to be the most identifiably British were , Ustinov (Russian /Ethiopian and others) Bogarde (Belgic) and Howard (Hungarian).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Legionary 312AD

Im "British" I guess.

I am 50% Welsh and 25% Belgian and the same again of Irish.

Edited by Legionary 312AD

Im "British" I guess.

Not so easy is it? I was born in northern England, but possibly Viking in far-off origin (my name Dalby is Scandinavian) -- but my aunt insisted we were French (d'Albi) which might even make my ancestors Albigensians or Cathars. Which should I go with?

Im "British" I guess.

Not so easy is it? I was born in northern England, but possibly Viking in far-off origin (my name Dalby is Scandinavian) -- but my aunt insisted we were French (d'Albi) which might even make my ancestors Albigensians or Cathars. Which should I go with?

DNA testing perhaps?

Im "British" I guess.

DNA testing perhaps?

Many of us Americans have gotten used to the term 'mixed up mutt'...I know I have in describing my father's side. Perhaps this is the course to take? :D

Guest Aelius Atrectus Andecarius

I'm a princess of the Abodrites. :)

OK, kidding. Germano-Celtic/Scottish-Slavic/Baltic mix with a drop Roman blood. It's what you get for living in the middle of Europe. ;)