UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Moonlapse

The Ignore Button

May I suggest a few things?

1) There should be a rule, that the mods enforce, that no one can post " I have _____ on my ignore list " or "I'm going to put you on my ignore button."

2) If you do bring back the old "+ -" reputations, I suggest a public listing to show who gave who a "+" or "-" as well as who is ignoring whom.

No I don't think that this suggestion contradicts the first. The first suggestion is to keep a grudge bearing member from pulling a Cato and trying and get another member to leave ("I believe that UNRV will not be safe until Spartacus is completely ignored." Fond memories of that fiasco, not.)

The second suggestion gives members a tool to see if some other members they like/respect also have a problem with the obnoxious poster.

I suppose you could limit viewing the ignore rankings according to rank, but that would be self-defeating.

Also, the ability to give rep. points would be limited by rank the same as ignore, right?

Finally, if you do have a public listing of ignores, a member should not be able to see who is ignoring them...just how many have used the function against them.

And I think you should be able to ignore Patricians :)

Edited by Spurius

Some more book reviews might help in that regard...

I shall certainly do so; Perhaps not in the immediate future, because of an increasing load of schoolwork on my part, but eventually :)

Edited by Tobias

What I like it's the fact that I can ignore myself. Sometimes I don't like my posts :stupid:

Edit: stupid me! I can't ignore myself despite the icon. How could I shave myself if I ignore myself?

Edited by Kosmo

Edit: stupid me! I can't ignore myself despite the icon. How could I shave myself if I ignore myself?

What I want to know is: how can you shave yourself if you're a vampire and you can't see your reflection in a mirror?