UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Moonlapse

The Ignore Button

You'll notice that for certain usergroups, a little red button labeled 'Ignore me' is availiable next to individual posts. If you choose to ignore someone (perhaps a nationalist weirdo or an ignoramus who posts too much, or a combination of both - which is common) you will still see their posts, but the content will be replaced by some options, such as one to view the ignored post. If you experience any problems with this, let me know.

Who are you referring to there Moonlapse?

Personally I find "Ignore user" never works. You just end up sneaking a peek at whatever rubbish your "ignored" is spouting this time :blink:

p.s, do admin not get the "Ignore me" button? I have a button, but you don't. Not that I want to ignore you, but I'd prefer to ignore you than me! Usually.

Who are you referring to there Moonlapse?

Personally I find "Ignore user" never works. You just end up sneaking a peek at whatever rubbish your "ignored" is spouting this time :blink:

I plan on modifying the system further to list an 'ignored by XX users' stat. Sort of like an ignore system, combined with the old reputation mod we used to have.

p.s, do admin not get the "Ignore me" button? I have a button, but you don't. Not that I want to ignore you, but I'd prefer to ignore you than me! Usually.

The admins, mods, patricians and guest professors cannot be 'ignored'.

Sort of like an ignore system, combined with the old reputation mod we used to have.

Though it (like starring systems) was ripe for abuse, I really liked the old reputation system that was used here.

In an ideal, academic forum setting, it is a great tool for giving feedback as to one's perceived post verisimilitude...

I know who you are directing that too.

Actually this has been discussed for some time. Any perceptions that you may feel are unwarranted will evolve with time and quality contributions.

I must say that I'm somewhat sceptical about this feature. I have a particular bete noir but I couldn't bear it were I to let his more outrageous posts go unchallenged should I ease my blood pressure levels by ignoring him.

But if people find it useful then it can do no harm.

I suppose this might be a good option, but I'm uneasy about the concept of shutting others out blindly.

But isn't that a great tactic against people who scream for attention. :)

Should any particular user receive repeated hits from the ignore button, it will help send a red flag to the mods that something more drastic might be needed. This feature will serve as a valuable feedback tool.

This is a rather interesting option; it certainly may make for some more quality conversation, and hopefully for some better topics as well. Of course, i can't talk, having not started a topic for an age, but i hope this shall encourage people to raise the quality of their posts and topics, whilst hopefully not alienating people.

Besides, it gives me all the more motivation to work hard to become a patrician :)

Edited by Tobias

The admins, mods, patricians and guest professors cannot be 'ignored'.

Excellent. They'll take our wisdom and like it!

Besides, it gives me all the more motivation to work hard to become a patrician :P

Some more book reviews might help in that regard ...