UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

British Actors and other abstract thought

aside: it amuses me that the three major film stars of post war Britain considered to be the most identifiably British were , Ustinov (Russian /Ethiopian and others) Bogarde (Belgic) and Howard (Hungarian).

But what of Olivier?

He was from Dorking in Surrey -I think that counts as British :P

By the way, ''Howard''. Leslie Howard? Or Trevor Howard? Couldn't be Leslie, he was killed during the war. Am I missing a Howard?

Leslie indeed !

When I think of British, I think of Patrick Stewart.

Ah thats more like it, hes from round the corner in Batley. Of course hed probably claim to be a "Northerner " as I would.

So wait, if you took Patrick Stewart from the Dune era and pit him against Liam Neeson from the Krull era, who would win?

krull4.jpg

Dune.jpg

hmm..would either of them have the Skeksis (from Dark Crystal ) or the Peking Homunculus (Dr Who , Talons of Weng Chiang ) for backup?

this is a serious post isnt it?

When I think of British, I think of Patrick Stewart.

I always think of Eastenders, 'Alan Partridge' (hilarious) and Hugh Laurie from Blackadder and Jeeves. Although after watching Laurie with a cranky 'merican accent on House M.D. threw me.

So wait, if you took Patrick Stewart from the Dune era and pit him against Liam Neeson from the Krull era, who would win?

krull4.jpg

Dune.jpg

hmm..would either of them have the Skeksis (from Dark Crystal ) or the Peking Homunculus (Dr Who , Talons of Weng Chiang ) for backup?

this is a serious post isnt it?

Well you can get a feel for who would win by watching "Excalibur." Stewart get his daughter married off to Arthur, securing the doom of the kingdom, Neeson gets his butt kicked by Lancelot and throat cut by Mordred and Morganna.

Hey, that's about even... :)

I guess the question leaves too many open ended variables, pardon my carelessness.

How about rogue warrior Kegan (Neeson in Krull) in hand to hand combat against the warrior poet Gurney Halleck (Stewart in Dune) with two SkekUng 'General' Garthim Master clones as backup Skeksis, each without the ceremonial swords and right after being replenished with the life force from a healthy Pod Person.

Despite Kegan's youthful vigor, I think that Gurney would prevail due to his hardened veteran status and familiarity with knife-fighting, so long as Kegan's Skeksis companion did not put itching powder in his stillsuit or anything of that sort.

Despite Kegan's youthful vigor, I think that Gurney would prevail due to his hardened veteran status and familiarity with knife-fighting, so long as Kegan's Skeksis companion did not put itching powder in his stillsuit or anything of that sort.

Times two if Gurney gets to wear his shield belt.