UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

British Actors and other abstract thought

Despite Kegan's youthful vigor, I think that Gurney would prevail due to his hardened veteran status and familiarity with knife-fighting, so long as Kegan's Skeksis companion did not put itching powder in his stillsuit or anything of that sort.

Times two if Gurney gets to wear his shield belt.

Most certainly! Now what if Kegan was wearing the shield belt? Wait just a minute! Would the belt have any relevance for simple hand-to-hand fighting, or does this just pertain to blades?

"If it's not Scottish, it's crrrrrap!!!"

*ahem* sorry

I go with Locutus of Borg :), Hugh Laurie, Richard E. Grant, Anthony Hopkins (even if he is Welsh), Lawrence Olivier, Christopher Plumber, and many others that aren't coming to mind.

Would the belt have any relevance for simple hand-to-hand fighting, or does this just pertain to blades?

Absolutely, not much protection against wrestling though, but a straight punch would be deflected (the slow blade penetrates the shield)

I think of Rowan Atkinson too.

so long as Kegan's Skeksis companion did not put itching powder in his stillsuit or anything of that sort.

If Kegan had to eat at a Skeksis banquet before the fight he may be too sick to fight, Podling life essence or not!

And I'm with Docoflove, if Locutus was thrown in the mix Kegan would surely be in trouble!

The Skeksis could be dis-commoded by placing fluffy dessert animals on their banqueting tables,such animals would lodge in their teeth and distract them (note: this occurs in the film itself , proving my historical veracity).

so long as Kegan's Skeksis companion did not put itching powder in his stillsuit or anything of that sort.

If Kegan had to eat at a Skeksis banquet before the fight he may be too sick to fight, Podling life essence or not!

And I'm with Docoflove, if Locutus was thrown in the mix Kegan would surely be in trouble!

I'm with Spurius earlier. Surely, Patrick Stewart as Leondegrance in Excalibur would've kicked the proverbial ass of all the rest.

[edit] I believe he may have even had a little bit left on top in those days :lol:

I would also mention Ioan Gruffudd, but it depends on whether you define a Welshman as "British" <_<.

Having seen him in various movies and series (Titanic, Hornblower, King Arthur etc.), he's one of my favourite actors.