UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Your Favourite Roman God

Mercurius and Dea Fortuna.

If only life were so simple, that all we had to do was offer a few sacrifices to our favourite gods every now and then and then be rest assured that in return they'd help you. In many ways I'm envious of the Pagan mentality of the Romans....just remember to go to the temple every now and then, sacrifice a few animals and then the gods are happy. There's a certain purity to the pagan mentality that I find hard to explain...we definately changed after Christianity...but I still can't help sympathising with the pagans, there's something about their simplicity that I just find pure...and maybe something we lost? Just my opinion anyway...hard to explain.

• 5 years later...

Janus. The two faces, one looking forward on the new year, and one reflecting on the old. We could all do more of that.

Goddess: Nemesis, as being a favorite goddess of gladiators and hence namegiver to my own gladiator school

Gods: Mars of course also for good fighting, but for daily purposes esp. commercial ones and job related Mercurius