UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Your Favourite Roman God

Who is your favourite Roman God or Godsess?

I'd have to go for Fortuna, Goddess of luck.

Second would be Artemis (Greek) Goddess.

Mercury. God of travel, commerce, communication and prosperity. If there is a pagan god suited for our high tech, commercial modern times, it would be he.

I had a wretched time getting to a 8:05am flight last Friday until I remembered I had forgotten pay respects to Mercurius before starting out.

Once a suitable libation was vowed things got easier, in fact once I was on the plane I was pulled out of coach and upgraded to First Class...

As has been mentioned before, I'm with Ursus: Hermes/Mercury is my favorite.

It's funny. I used to be more of a soft polytheist who treated most Greco-Roman gods interchangeably. I'm tending away from that more an more.

So my favorite Roman god is the often overlooked Portunes

Goddess: Athena/Minerva (I know the two are often equated...not sure if they are one in the same honestly I think Athena was strictly Greek and Minerva was Roman)

They are pretty similar. The main thing is that Minerva is much less the war goddess than Athene. The Romans had already a war goddess in Bellona, not to mention a war god in the form of Mars.