UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Quite amusing football clip. It's a team practice.

http://gprime.net/video.php/soccerpractice

Well from tomorrow the real world cup begins when the elimination round starts.

Here's my predictions:

Round 16 winners - Germany, Argentina, Italy, Switzerland, England, Netherlands, Brazil, Spain.

QuarterFinals winners - Argentina, Italy, Netherlands, Brazil.

SemiFinals winners - Argentina, Brazil

Finals winner - I don't know, but I'll go with Argentina, thats my team.

I'de like to hear your predictions?

I think England have a chance against Portugal now that they have a couple of players out.

Im glad the Portugese beat the Dutchies,the diving tactics by the Holland team was getting on my nerves all match.All players in all teams have a bit of a dive now and then but the Dutch last night were disgraceful!

Rolling and flipping on the ground as if they've been shot,then remarcably jumping up like a spring lamb once the player has been booked ;).No wonder Figo lost his rag and stuck the nut on one of them :D.

The play- acting in todays football is a goddamn shame :( ,it spoils the sport when players are trying to get other players dissmissed,i understand gaining an advantage and all that but its unsporting behavour and the culprits should be sent off for diving,which is the rule,but refs dont enforce it because they'd be no one left on the pitch.

Could you imagine the likes of Terry butcher and Graeme souness rolling around like todays players do? :P LOL.

Terry butcher back when footballers were real men.

sfnjimw065gd.jpg

Its unfair to blame the referee for all the cards which were given out (a world record i beleive),the players are the ones who should be blamed.This is all good news for England fans though :D,Deco and Costinha are ruled out of Saturdays game because of there Red cards and Ronaldo's not looking good with the thigh injury (oooh,that was a stinger) which can only help the English,and we need all the help we can grab!

Edited by longbow

Could you imagine the likes of Terry butcher and Graeme souness rolling around like todays players do? ;) LOL.

I really don't like Souness at all. No, infact I didn't like him before he became Newcastle boss. I really dislike him now. And he was a right **** as a player too, I'm suprised he didn't end a few careers along the way.

Neo Romans 1; Aussiees 0 ;):(

Britania 1; Ecuador zip :D:D

Edited by Gaius Octavius

I was praying for Oz today but alas they got screwed..Dominated possession but never really created chances. Good job Soccerooz, see you in 4 years!

I was praying for Oz today but alas they got screwed..Dominated possession but never really created chances. Good job Soccerooz, see you in 4 years!

i think the aussie's let themselves down a bit, they were far too negative they didnt attack enough or make use of the extra man, but then again when it comes down to defending there's no one better than the italians

dont think it was a penalty, the player went down far too easily for my liking but then who can blame him, down to ten men, no subs left, extra time looming!

unlucky OZ better look next time :D

as for england?? as our opponents get better so will we, we've got this far playing at 70% so fingers crossed when its needed we can produce the goods :unsure::)

Absolutely! If you saw the replay you would know the Italian player went down before the Aussie even tackled him.

Oh well, who's going to say no to Italia. I did not care who won the match but letting the referee who was no where near the action give him a penalty kick is awful.

He has committed a foul of his own by making that call.

we got cheated so bad :unsure: i wish they would bring in video ref's :) but alas theres always a next time...and atleast soccer is now gaining popularity in a largely football (rugby/afl) dominated country.....oh well it was still good!!! AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE , OI OI OI :D

While I agree that this world cup the performance of the referees are the worst i have ever seen, one should remember that the red card for Italy was as pathetic as the penalty in the last second...

All in all i think it is very important for world soccer that places where soccer is not that popular are making advancements and a strong Australian team is a good thing for any sport...

I also cant remember that there were so many strong teams still in the quarterfinals, Germany, Italy, Argentina, (Spain/France), Portugal, the world cup with no surprises, maybe Ghana can change all that with beating Brazil today :unsure:

cheers

viggen

maybe Ghana can change all that with beating Brazil today :)

Now that would be nice :unsure:

This is in Rameses' honour XD :

1471.gif

Edited by Silentium

Don't know which replay was watched, but the neo-Romans, playing a man short, won that kick fair and square. :P:D:D :punk: :bag: :unsure:

:)

I didn't see the early match, but glad to hear that Ronaldo has the goals record. But, wow, what a match with Spain v. France. Zidane with the last goal was only to be topped by Ribery's first goal...both were things of beauty. It sets up a great way for Zidane to end his career: versus Brazil.

Ha, ha! The Spanish messed with nature by trying to beat the French. Everyone knows the French always beats Spain in the World Cup!

I don't know I just don't like Spain. Oh well I am making an upset here, don't laugh, France beats Brazil. Hey it happened in '98 and if we know anything from history a top notch French team beats a to notch Brazil team.

I find it great how the Spaniards were left packing. They seemed cocky like in the Ukraine game. The Ukraine advanced but not the Spanish...AUSTA LA VISTA BABY! :lol:

Ha, ha! The Spanish messed with nature by trying to beat the French. Everyone knows the French always beats Spain in the World Cup!

I was under the impression that this was the first time in the World Cup that the two countries have met.