UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Eurovision Song Contest

Viggen

Well, this is more for europeans hehe,

some infos about this competion are here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurovision_Song_Contest

basically the last couple of years it was dominated by bands with no personaltiy bubble gum terrible pop or whatever you want to call it, and well then came Lordi :lol:

..the most unlikely winner every (just compare it to previous winners like Celine Dion, ABBA and Katrina and the Waves)

i think this years winner are, well i think a revolution (in a Song Contest sense) hehe

here is the video of the winning song from the crazy fins with the cool masks

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6666637566522776701

Go Lordi Go... ;)

I watch it every year. I like the groups that sing in their native languages and don't try too hard to be American. I'm here in Norway and my wife was rooting for the Finns. First time in eight years that there was no contest or doubt who was going to be the winner, either.

Unfortunately that is about the worst metal band I've ever heard. What is this some sort of Kiss meets Alice Cooper meets Slipknot creation.

Though before I'm too harsh, I suppose the fact that rock beat pop should count for something regardless of it's quality.

:lol: Hard Rock Hallelujah ;)

To misquote Edmund Blackadder , I believe that the Eurovision "Song" Contest is the manifest work of Satan and all his little wizards. And thats the good bits.

I had an experience even worse than that-difficult to believe I know-someone played the Partridge Family " Breaking Up is Hard to Do" at work- I was unable to stop whistling it. Is there some kind of nerological path that forces humans to hum tunes they hate?

I had an experience even worse than that-difficult to believe I know-someone played the Partridge Family " Breaking Up is Hard to Do" at work- I was unable to stop whistling it. Is there some kind of nerological path that forces humans to hum tunes they hate?

I had that happen, too, only with the theme song! Horror of horrors! A fault of our cave man psyche!

Gwar is awesome for a live show if you like vulgar theatrics and being doused with all manner of imitation bodily fluids. However, watching that video pretty much made me almost feel embarrased just for having seen it. heheh

Here is the performance from the actual show that was up yesterday... not sure why Vig replaced it with the video.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=85...Eurovision+2006

I'm with Moonlapse, it truly is embarrassing to watch. I feel bad for metalheads everywhere, lol.

the horror ..the horror...

here is the video of the winning song from the crazy fins with the cool masks

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6666637566522776701

Go Lordi Go... ;)

I'm not sure what's funnier...that video, or the fact that the german media is claiming that they didn't win because of backlash from World War II.

Sigh. Geez, guys...it's germans playing country music. What did they expect? :)

I'm not sure what's funnier...that video, or the fact that the german media is claiming that they didn't win because of backlash from World War II.

Sigh. Geez, guys...it's germans playing country music. What did they expect? :unsure:

germans playing country music was the funniest part of the whole show ...... complete idiots!

suppose it beats grown men in shorts slapping their thighs whilst eating big fat sausages!!!! :D:D