UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Rome Review

frankq

Not so soon here in Scandinavia. Unless you have special cable. Drat...

As Amazon UK manages regulary to ship my stuff without problems and even reasonably fast to South Africa, i assume they wont have a problem doing the same into Scandinavia, after all it is just across the north sea ;)

cheers

viggen

Not so soon here in Scandinavia. Unless you have special cable. Drat...

As Amazon UK manages regulary to ship my stuff without problems and even reasonably fast to South Africa, i assume they wont have a problem doing the same into Scandinavia, after all it is just across the north sea ;)

cheers

viggen

Oh, no, you don't understand---and I wasn't clear. I can't watch Rome on DVD. It's against the rules. I belong to the old school where you are forced to wait until things arrive, accompanied even by commercials.

As late as the 80's my cronies and I were still hailing our old B&W set as ''real TV''.

uhmm, lol ok

I personally would say "Screw the rules" (whoever set them) and welcome to the 21st century... ;)

Oh, no---you have to be at the mercy of the networks. But this is an old timers' thing, a hangover from growing up with TV in the 50's. It makes things more fun. No immediate gratification.

Of course, I have the luxury of saying this since TV up here has few commercials, no editing of sex, etc.

The problem is that the series was good-but from chatting on the forum it transpires that a lot of material was cut out, ( the sex was ok for Britain , but the politics were too difficult apparently ;) episodes 1 and 2 were truncated in particular)so I for one await the dvds with bated breath in the hope of a lot more political exposition. The sex was acceptable though.