UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Viggen

A Look Into The Tenth Dimension.

In the thirteen things that dont make sense, the universes infitiy is talked about. I thought it is a good idea to understand that there are more then 4 dimension and it is difficult to understand that concept of that.

Now, here is a website that explains the various dimensions in an incredible simple way...

(Use the animated Flash version, and i promise you will be smarter afterwards)

http://www.tenthdimension.com/flash2.php

(at the left hand navigation click on "Imagining the 10 Dimensions)

cheers

viggen

That cleared it all up! :ph34r:

Now for the 11th dimension. A line from my eye through the dot! Can't see the line but it's there.

On the forum there where some nice critics. Some things don't make sense.

That cleared it all up! :lol:

Now for the 11th dimension. A line from my eye through the dot! Can't see the line but it's there.

I think it is a fanciful construct to try and explain our universe and its vastness, the various anomalies that are present.

The key to me is always - "What happened before the big bang?" It seems to me that it is very convenient to have a theory where there is a beginning, a middle (we are in the middle now - a long middle) and an end. Human life spans are so infinitesimally small when compared to the astronomical phenomena, what we've observed in our entire time that humans have been here on this Earth ( a few million years at the most) is nothing but a dot or a blip in terms of space time. Theories abound and I think we have a long way to go to solving any mysteries or even coming up with a rational theory that can explain anything.

Advanced physics is nothing but a crapshoot in the infinity of space and time and one theory is as good or bad as the next. In short, no one knows anything... it's all a big guess.

In short, no one knows anything... it's all a big guess.

Precisely. I was taking to a physics student the other day, and i'm not sure how we got onto it, but we starting talking about humans ever being able to travel at light speed (we must have been talking about a sci fi movie of some kind :whistling:) . Anyway, this fellow starting haranguing sci fi creators, saying that according to his education, humans will never be able to travel at light speed. According to him, it is downright impossible, now and forever. That gave me a good laugh; all these scientists etc think they know how the universe works, but as you said Skarr, it's all a guess...just the current accepted theories that we humans use to help our brains encompass the universe.

Edited by Tobias

Obviously, all y'all aren't fans of the 'Coast to Coast' radio program with George Norry. Aliens can do it! :shocking::wacko: :1eye: :P

Precisely. I was taking to a physics student the other day, and i'm not sure how we got onto it, but we starting talking about humans ever being able to travel at light speed (we must have been talking about a sci fi movie of some kind :shocking:) . Anyway, this fellow starting haranguing sci fi creators, saying that according to his education, humans will never be able to travel at light speed. According to him, it is downright impossible, now and forever. That gave me a good laugh; all these scientists etc think they know how the universe works, but as you said Skarr, it's all a guess...just the current accepted theories that we humans use to help our brains encompass the universe.

A guess? Not quite. It's not merely a guess, but a carefully formulated theory to encompasses known facts supporting a series of tested hypotheses. It's no mere guess, and to lay it as such is a great dishonor to all scientists and anything technological you may own. Computers work because of scientists and physics. You can fly to China in less than a day because of scientists and physics. This stuff works because people took the time to work it out, not because someone "guessed" correctly.

More technology given to us by "advanced physics"

1. Quantum Computing

2. International Space Station

3. Synchrotron Particle Accelerators

Let me guess - all this was just "guessed" up, right?

If my memory serves, a 'theory' is not a proven fact, but rather a supposition that explains something. Two conflicting theories explaining the same fact can exist at the same time. Or, more for the same matter.

If nature abhors a vacuum, how come the universe is expanding and not contracting? My personal theory, is that the universe started at infinity and is now contracting!

The Earth is the center of the Solar system!

Gaius Octavianus, be carefull what you say! The fanatic defenders of established knowledge might burn you at stake if you relapse in herretic opinions! :D

There are some theories that have some serious scientifical backing, while others like this one are mere speculations based on logic and not science.

The argument on that forum that all known particles are tridimensional so in this univers there can be no bidimensional objects it's very serious and that remained unanswared.

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread but I came across a documentary about this theory on a Public domain website. It is worth a look, although it's much longer than Viggen's description:

Elegant Universe: The 11th Dimension

The Public domains website is well worth looking at as it has many other free documentaries and films including Byzantium: The Lost Empire by John Romer. Some are good quality but others seem to be a bunch of cheap conspiracy documentaries that only just got shunned from the Discovery Channel late night line-up.