UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Augustus And Bush

Ludovicus

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we could just drill for oil in Alaska and at least some of this would be completely unneccesary. One day we'll have some alternative source of energy and we'll collectively laugh at the futility of trying to shape the middle east into some western ideology. (That is until they actually do have WMD's and oil is no longer a cash crop... things could be even more predictably unpredictable.)

And FYI, John Myrtha did his time in the US millitary, when he didn't have to either. He can talk, you can't...So blow it out your ass!

John Myrtha is a good politician!!! Wow you really are like those mother loving Liberals. You can't take anything seriously and don't see the blatant obvious issue here.

Then again your logo is a jack***. By the way not only rich people are Republicans. I'm not rich and neither are most of my friends who are Republican. Your stereotyping is nonsense. My philosophy is based on morals and protection, something the Republicans have and something the Democrats lack.

Where do I say John Myrtha is a good politician? I said he's done his time and can therefore talk about a subject you probably know little about. And where do I stereotype? You on the other hand...! Since when are YOUR morals better than mine? Your comment about my logo is lame, there again, why would I expect any different from you?

Where do I say John Myrtha is a good politician? I said he's done his time and can therefore talk about a subject you probably know little about. And where do I stereotype? You on the other hand...! Since when are YOUR morals better than mine? Your comment about my logo is lame, there again, why would I expect any different from you?

Say what you want to. You started this and I answered to your call. Your a full Democrat and I am a full Republican so our views will differ. And since do you know how much I know about?

As for the stereotype:

Tflex, if you don't earn $10,000,000 oer anum, why are you supporting the Republicans?

I'm not attacking you just your view on this issue.

PP--you do know that the US gets most of its oil from Canada and Mexico, right? Last I checked, the US gets the majority (if not the vast majority) of its petroleum from North and South America. In fact, I think we even get about as much oil from the Virgin Islands, Norway and Britain as we do from Iraq and Kuwait (which supply us with only a relatively small proportion of oil). If we were just after oil, we'd be better off toppling Chavez than Saddam Hussein. (Come to think of it...)

And FYI, John Myrtha did his time in the US millitary, when he didn't have to either. He can talk, you can't...So blow it out your ass!

John Myrtha is a good politician!!! Wow you really are like those mother loving Liberals. You can't take anything seriously and don't see the blatant obvious issue here.

Then again your logo is a jack***. By the way not only rich people are Republicans. I'm not rich and neither are most of my friends who are Republican. Your stereotyping is nonsense. My philosophy is based on morals and protection, something the Republicans have and something the Democrats lack.

Now, now! Language, language! Let us agree to emulate our British upper class cousins with the use of mockery and satire in civil tones. :D :wub:

Beware of Germanicus! :D

Edited by Gaius Octavius

My philosophy is based on morals and protection, something the Republicans have and something the Democrats lack.

Is this a joke? Republicans? Morals?? The same Republicans who lied about Iraq? The same Republicans who put a child molestor in Homeland Security? The same Republicans who put a cokehead and an alcoholic in the White House? The same Republicans who consistently lie and slander their opponents so they can take your money? Those Republicans? Ha! The same Republicans who disobey God's own commandments?

Do you know why Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed? Hint: ever read Ezekiel?

Ezekiel 16.49:

Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

These Republicans are the ones who keep trying to kill all forms of welfare, but God declared that the sin of Sodom was not helping the poor!

If you're a (financially) poor moralist, then you're in the wrong party.

Well, we could just drill for oil in Alaska and at least some of this would be completely unneccesary. One day we'll have some alternative source of energy and we'll collectively laugh at the futility of trying to shape the middle east into some western ideology. (That is until they actually do have WMD's and oil is no longer a cash crop... things could be even more predictably unpredictable.)

With the price of oil up there in the stratosphere, we should be able (with the assistance of chinney's alleged 'intelligence') to pressureize the Nu Yok and the province of pennsyltucky's oil fields and solve all of our problems. Probably cheaper than ANWAR. Anyway, most of the Alaska oil goes to Japan.

For the elucidation of our wrong wing, diatribeist, dis-educated, super patriots and moralists: By the supreme law of the land, the U.S. is NOT a Christian state!. Please pass on to all :wacko:s. :D -_-

:D

Edited by Gaius Octavius

I must say...from all the liberal comments I've seen... you people are vicious... no wonder there has never been an extreme leftist liberal as president in these few decades.

Tflex is a conservative...so what...attack for his views but not as whole person for some of those out there.

Anyways, with the stupid talk of oil, let me say a little fact. The reason I see why America suffers over oil is that the damn corporations like Exxon won't budge on creating more refineries...so they can get more money from high prices...

Not to mention, the damn Canadians have more than enough oil in their ground to supply the whole world for decades...

Forget Canada...people say oil is unrenewable... if so, there's still a hell lot of it out there still untapped(courtesy of the History Channel documentaries).

Edited by FLavius Valerius Constantinus

The reason I see why America suffers over oil is that the damn corporations like Exxon won't budge on creating more refineries...so they can get more money from high prices...

Not really. Permits for building new oil refineries are nearly impossible to obtain. The fault lies with voters who simultaneously wish for cheap energy and for so many environmental laws that that energy is impossible to produce cheaply. Don't blame Exxon; blame voters.

I'm really hoping that some of what I see here is a joke.

Lets get some things straight. The president taking actions to secure the protection of the people is certainly an expectation. Saddam Hussain needed to be removed. Terrorists are bad and are a threat. Iran and North Korea have bad governments. Doesn

Edited by Favonius Cornelius

I must say...from all the liberal comments I've seen... you people are vicious... no wonder there has never been an extreme leftist liberal as president in these few decades.

Yeah, vicious, like the smear campaign Rove ran against Kerry in 2004, or against McCain in 2000. You want viciousness? Pay attention, laddy. You're probably too young to remember the 2000 election, though, and perhaps even too young to pay attention to this past election...

It ain't pretty - none of it is, actually. And to fact, we've never had an extreme leftist liberal as president - ever. And good riddance! Extremists on both sides are the worst kind of people - those who should never be elected ever. Unfortunately, the anti-Biblical so-called "Christian fundamentalists" (do these people even read the Bible?) have banded together to elect themselves a real right-wing NeoFascist as president. And it worked. Hoop-dee-doo. Sent off a bunch of good American men to their deaths fighting over oil - another thing I see you're woefully ignorant about. You really ought to pay attention.

Tflex is a conservative...so what...attack for his views but not as whole person for some of those out there.

If tflex is sincere, then he is not conservative. Au contraire, his views in this thread are fascist. Only FOX news is good? What a laugh. Perhaps more should pay attention - Gallup poll showed conclusively that people who watch FOX news are actually more ignorant than those who watch other news channels. Fact. Perhaps not all, but definitely a majority. Most people watching FOX news still believed, at the time the poll was taken, that Saddam and Al-Qaida had intimate ties, contrary to what even the White House itself has professed. But of course, what do you expect when you watch a man who harrassed women and talked about a vibrator in his ass - none other than Bill O'Reilley.

Talk about your Republican values!

Anyways, with the stupid talk of oil, let me say a little fact. The reason I see why America suffers over oil is that the damn corporations like Exxon won't budge on creating more refineries...so they can get more money from high prices...

Partly right, partly wrong. Believe it or not, but Exxon made a killing in profit last quarter, while gas prices still rose. Wonder why, eh? They're screwing over the economy with impunity because they line the pockets of your rich congress. They could have lowered prices dearly, but it is not so.

Not only that, but they're fighting tooth and nail against alternative vehicles - electric and alcohol-ran cars, instead of gasoline powered cars. The mass release of electric cars means doom to Exxon - you can imagine why they wouldn't want it released.

Not to mention, the damn Canadians have more than enough oil in their ground to supply the whole world for decades...

"Them damn Canadians" probably don't want to destroy their country to fuel your excessive desires for a plastic economy. And on the contrary, the world is using over 100 times the amount of oil it was decades ago, and it keeps growing. There just ain't enough oil in the earth for the next 50 years.

Forget Canada...people say oil is unrenewable... if so, there's still a hell lot of it out there still untapped(courtesy of the History Channel documentaries).

This is what happens when people watch popular television over reading real scientific journals. Oil, renewable? Yeah, in a million or so years. So sure, the earth'll be fine, but only long after everyone is dead, and evolution repopulates it (and hopefully perhaps intelligent creatures next time).

Pay attention, laddy.

Is this a joke? Republicans? Morals?? The same Republicans who lied about Iraq? The same Republicans who put a child molestor in Homeland Security? The same Republicans who put a cokehead and an alcoholic in the White House? The same Republicans who consistently lie and slander their opponents so they can take your money? Those Republicans? Ha! The same Republicans who disobey God's own commandments?

Do you know why Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed? Hint: ever read Ezekiel?

Ezekiel 16.49:

Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

These Republicans are the ones who keep trying to kill all forms of welfare, but God declared that the sin of Sodom was not helping the poor!

If you're a (financially) poor moralist, then you're in the wrong party.

Sodom and Gomorrah was burned because of Sodomy and not heeding the word of God. When they were warned about their transgressions, they did'nt care. Sodomy means homosexuality and sex in means thought unthinkable. Abraham wanted to save the city he asked God, "Are there 50 righteous people, 40, 30, 20, 10? Only one righteous person was found and that was his nephew Lot.

The Republicans give their money privately while the Democrats make sure to take your money and give it to the poor. Bragging about how they gave money to the poor by means of welfair, humble? Did not God say do not let anyone see your right hand? Did he not say close your door and pray?

Isn't the Democratic way closer to Communism? If this is true they believe in an unreligious state. On the other hand Conservative view are that of Puritanical religous state. The church does not force people to give money yet to lend a hand to the people who need it. Privately giving to the poor rather then forced means of welfair. They believe in not only serving the community by money but by help. Many go to third world countires and try to build new houses rather than cough up money by means of government.

Is welfair a good means of helping unfortunate people that do not have the luxury of others? Yes, but charity is better by the means of giving out of the goodness of your heart. Not to mention some of the people who have been here for a long period of time who suck the money of hard working people, going to bars thinking they own the land.

When my grandfather died, he received little or no medical care and died of cancer. His wife at the time could not pay the amounts of welfair the Canadian Liberal party kept asking for. While not receiving support she was forced to give at a fragile state. She was overly stressed and lost all her hair, unable to abide with the amounts of money the government asked for. In Canada we were promised by the Liberal party that we would not have to pay the amazing amounts of taxes and PST. Now they pay GST, PST, and 15% taxes. So that 8+7+15=30% tax add on other fees for medicare and it is amazing.

Last and not least the moral issues of the Democrats by means of relgion are thin if nor non existnat. Homosexuality had become a recurrent theme through the state with the most Democrats California. Boston another haven for Liberals is accepting Sodomy. In Canada, the second annual gay rights parade took place, something the Liberals lobbed for. In my times in '98 the Conservatives never would have allowed such a thing. Now in churches the Liberal party prohibits churches from commenting on the dangers of Sodomy and its evils.

Abortion, basically murder in which the bible says, 'thou shall not kill.' This is a precious and innocent infant who was killed by means of killing. If killing a mother while pregnant is considered double murder, what makes killing a baby because the mother wants it that way any different? Can you not put the child up for adoption at the very least?

Can you believe this? No, neither can I and yet this is what some of the things the Liberal party stands for.

Sodom and Gomorrah was burned because of Sodomy and not heeding the word of God. When they were warned about their transgressions, they did'nt care. Sodomy means homosexuality and sex in means thought unthinkable. Abraham wanted to save the city he asked God, "Are there 50 righteous people, 40, 30, 20, 10? Only one righteous person was found and that was his nephew Lot.

Er, did you actually read what I quoted above? I quoted the Bible, and you still don't believe me? What, do you doubt God's own hand? The Bible says that Sodom was destroyed because it didn't help the poor - who are you to call God a liar?

The Republicans give their money privately while the Democrats make sure to take your money and give it to the poor. Bragging about how they gave money to the poor by means of welfair, humble? Did not God say do not let anyone see your right hand? Did he not say close your door and pray?

Who's bragging? And do you have statistics on Republican v. Democrat charity, or are you making this up as you go? I suspect the latter.

Isn't the Democratic way closer to Communism?

Jesus was a communist.

If this is true they believe in an unreligious state.

Untrue. Not all communists were atheists.

On the other hand Conservative view are that of Puritanical religous state. The church does not force people to give money yet to lend a hand to the people who need it.

Those two statements contradict each other. Didn't you learn anything from the Medieval ages?

When my grandfather died, he received little or no medical care and died of cancer. His wife at the time could not pay the amounts of welfair the Canadian Liberal party kept asking for. While not receiving support she was forced to give at a fragile state. She was overly stressed and lost all her hair, unable to abide with the amounts of money the government asked for. In Canada we were promised by the Liberal party that we would not have to pay the amazing amounts of taxes and PST. Now they pay GST, PST, and 15% taxes. So that 8+7+15=30% tax add on other fees for medicare and it is amazing.

Canada != America. Liberal Americans != Liberal Canadians. I wouldn't think you're that thick...

Last and not least the moral issues of the Democrats by means of relgion are thin if nor non existnat.

Like Republican spelling? :rolleyes:

Homosexuality had become a recurrent theme through the state with the most Democrats California. Boston another haven for Liberals is accepting Sodomy. In Canada, the second annual gay rights parade took place, something the Liberals lobbed for. In my times in '98 the Conservatives never would have allowed such a thing. Now in churches the Liberal party prohibits churches from commenting on the dangers of Sodomy and its evils.

Abortion, basically murder in which the bible says, 'thou shall not kill.' This is a precious and innocent infant who was killed by means of killing. If killing a mother while pregnant is considered double murder, what makes killing a baby because the mother wants it that way any different? Can you not put the child up for adoption at the very least?

You're wrong biblically on both accounts. The Bible makes it very clear that unborn children are do not have souls and the Bible does not outright condemn homosexuality in any passage.

Can you believe this? No, neither can I and yet this is what some of the things the Liberal party stands for.

What a caricature! You make it easy.