UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

I presume everyone is too commited to the Bank Holiday weekend ( already) to make the trek, to York, on monday or tuesday of that week ( just over a week hence)?

;)

British contingent please take note!

I presume everyone is too commited to the Bank Holiday weekend ( already) to make the trek, to York, on monday or tuesday of that week ( just over a week hence)?

A bit too late notice for me, i've already made plans involving all-day drinking on sunday so will be about as useless as a chocolate fireguard on monday :drunk: :beer:

Late sept, early oct will be good though

I think that early October would be the best time for me too.

Not to worry ,we will get together sooner or later!

Gentlemen , I have been given a timely reminder about our intended powwow. Please give consideration to the following possible dates 1. March 24/25 2007 2.March 31/1 April 2007 or 3.April 14/15 2007 for a meeting in York. The "missing" weekend is of course Easter .

Let us try and achieve some sort of rough consensus.Your thoughts please.

Gentlemen , I have been given a timely reminder about our intended powwow. Please give consideration to the following possible dates 1. March 24/25 2007 2.March 31/1 April 2007 or 3.April 14/15 2007 for a meeting in York. The "missing" weekend is of course Easter .

The first date is a big :) as it's my birthday on the 27th so i will probably be busy that week-end

The third date you suggested is the wife's birthday so again a :no:

So the only one i could possibly make would be March 31/1 April :)

Well, let us gather information and see who is "probable" and "possible" . I may lose one of those dates myself as I am determined to get to Pompeii in early spring. It strikes me as an additional posibility that we could check re-enactment events later in the year and possibly rendezvous at one such.Nobody need fear that these dates are cut in stone , nor that it will be the only attempt.

Couldnt you drag the Wife along, its not a long trip? :)

Couldnt you drag the Wife along, its not a long trip? :)

Haha :no::no::no: not a chance in hell, i think she'd rather stick a fork in her eye than tag along on this, unless we were checking out all the clothes shops :frusty:

Who knows Pertinax, by March next year i might have even figured out how to do the 'links' properly :)

Oddly enough Domina Pertinax would probably tag along, her best quote as regards my love of all things Roman being one ive mentioned privately before " If I were an old ruin , you would probably pay more attention " . A dangerous quote. :whistling:

Also this invite extends to the re-established website of Augustus Caesar :

http://www.hadrians-wall.info/

due to proximity of persons and interests.

I wish I could come, but unfortunately, unless I learn how to drive in the next few weeks :P I won't be able to get up to York, which is a shame, as I would like to visit York one day even if this meeting was never organized as I have always wanted to visit the sites (both Roman and Viking). :ph34r:

Oddly enough my sister was planning to go to York a few months ago, but she went to Warwick castle instead ( I haven't been).

I wish you luck on your venture and i hope you have a fun time, If you have a chance to make it there! :D

Good Luck!

As things stand I could manage any of those dates and will certainly aim to be there.

As things stand I could manage any of those dates and will certainly aim to be there.

That is very good news. UK members , please try and "report in" here even if its a negative.

If women are allowed, I'd love to come. Any of the three dates are fine for me. I can leave the teenagers at home and I'd even sacrifice Chelsea for Rome! :hammer:

ETA: I have just noticed that I have been manumitted! A thousand thanks ;)

Edited by The Augusta

If women are allowed, I'd love to come. Any of the three dates are fine for me. I can leave the teenagers at home and I'd even sacrifice Chelsea for Rome! :no2:

ETA: I have just noticed that I have been manumitted! A thousand thanks :D

Certainly women may attend, obviously with a short note from their Paterfamilias saying that its appropriate for them to leave the Mansio with their heads covered in a modest fashion. :rolleyes:

Your Cyrenian porters must however wait outside

Please do not go to the extravagance of sacrificing a whole football team to Magna Mater!