UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Thank you for the excellent report Woderick, im sorry I mean Augustus.

Great report AC, sounds like you all had a great time in York, especially in the little coffee shop, I'll have to brush up on my "Life Of Brian" for the next meet..... how this for starters.....

" you call me big nose once more and I'll take you to the f****** cleaners!" :yes:

Brilliant!!! But then so's every part of that film!!

Thanks for the comment about the report - I appreciate that very much. It's a long one but I didn't want to miss anything out!!!

Absolutely brilliant report, AC! Fantastic. But I cannot let your wonderful Flavia continue to hide her light under a bushel. Her final comment on the whole 'Life of Brian' incident was mentioned later, when we remembered that the offended Christian lady had hurried past Augustus' chair clutching a half-eaten chocolate muffin. Flavia's wonderful comment on this was: 'Take up thy muffin and walk!' Gorgeous!

I can't wait to do all this again....

The Holy Muffin of Antioch?

To blow thine enemy to bits? Or just to satiate their hunger?

To blow thine enemy to bits? Or just to satiate their hunger?

...Judging by the apparant weight of said Christian Matron, probably the latter. No sign of Christian poverty or abstinence there...

Absolutely brilliant report, AC! Fantastic. But I cannot let your wonderful Flavia continue to hide her light under a bushel. Her final comment on the whole 'Life of Brian' incident was mentioned later, when we remembered that the offended Christian lady had hurried past Augustus' chair clutching a half-eaten chocolate muffin. Flavia's wonderful comment on this was: 'Take up thy muffin and walk!' Gorgeous!

I can't wait to do all this again....

I must thank you all for the comments re the report. This is a first for me and it obviously went down well!! Hurrah!!!! :D

A bit like that muffin it seems!! "Take up thy muffin and walk!!"... FANTASTIC!!!!!!! I clean forgot all about putting that in the report!! Flavia will forgive me though.

Yes, you are so right Augusta we must do this all again! Arrangements are being made on the other thread for this so everyone check in there... myself and NN are going to be organising this one. I think I maight hire a silk toga for this one!!! Then again maybe not!!

BTW... pick up thy muffins and travel will be a rule for all meets in York from now on!!!! By order of the honourable Flavia....

Looks like you all had more than your share of fun and I really wish I could have made it !

I particularly liked the Elagabalus story... I was aware of a few things about him but not in such detail and it was illuminating, to say the least.

Excellent feedback and communication, guys... it was a pleasure reading all your reports and browsing through the various photos...

I havent mentioned the "Gastronomica" pamphlet that Andrew Dalby distributed at the meet.It is his take on the "Satyrica" , and a witty and polished piece it is to.I wonder if he is reading this that he might have a link to the text?

I hope that you Brits get together on dates so that your colonial cousins may make definite plans about attending.

I hope that you Brits get together on dates so that your colonial cousins may make definite plans about attending.

Have no fear about the dates in September, they are decided.

Scroll back on the "new thread"

http://www.unrv.com/forum/index.php?showto...amp;#entry63096

Have no fear about the dates in September, they are decided.

Scroll back on the "new thread"

http://www.unrv.com/forum/index.php?showto...amp;#entry63096

Yep, the dates are definite and the Romans are trembling in fear! Our Emperor of the North here, Terriblus Horriblus, is quaking in his proverbial boots at what should be a massive invasion force of UNRVers. NN's bike will be roaring through the hills and down the grassy banks of Housesteads fort and then probably rolling over in the vallum coz he's a speed junky!!

Seriously, anyone wanting to go to this meet should take the advice of Pertinax and follow the link provided. It's gonna be great fun. Better than York? Come along and "Make it so!!".