UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Forum Meeting In UK

NN... Am I correct in remebering you are a Leeds fan? If so, what's going on down there???? They used to be the country's top team under Revie et al...

Well, he kept that one quiet! At least Gaius Paulinus admits to his vices in public! :)

Yes - it's great news that Wot will be joining us - he'll be a great addition to our merry band and will probably keep us all in check.

BTW: Do we have a dress code? I assuming for trudging around on our journeys jeans and sensible footwear will be adequate? I was going to bring all my Armani and Gucci - but I've decided against it... :lol:

You can bring the Armani and Gucci Augusta. We won't mind one bit as long as we can bring some paint balls too!!! Only kidding!! I suspect with a motley crew like us a pair of jeans with a t-shirt full of holes would be good enough. We could claim to have been on an excavation somewhere!! I tthink casual will be the norm though. I was going to come as a senator but with a name like Augustus that's not on is it? I think I'll wear my Roman soldier lapel badge. That should be good!!!!

I think if my team were where Leeds are I would be quiet too!! No offence NN coz I like Leeds! But it must be a tad embarrassing at times when after having so much success they find themselves where they are today. I hope they stay up!!

Do we really want to be kept in check? Wot is joining us for the merriment and ample supplies of the golden nectar and will only check on us to see we are not drinking it all for him!!! I am getting seriously excited now and can't wait - but I don't want to rush it!!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offence NN coz I like Leeds! But it must be a tad embarrassing at times when after having so much success they find themselves where they are today. I hope they stay up!!

I am getting seriously excited now and can't wait - but I don't want to rush it!!

Yes, 31 hours and counting... I liked leeds in the years of Revie, Clark, Bremner etc but then drifted away from football. I still have a soft spot for them, though.

I shall be wearing my universal attire of heavy jeans/combats, braces, boots and flying jacket.

Hey, thanks to Google Maps, I was finally able to get reliable directions from New York to York, England, so I can join y'all at the Forum Meeting!

Except, I'm having a bit of trouble when I get to step #23...

You MUST check this out -- this is too funny!

1. go to www.google.com

2. click on "maps"

3. click on "get directions"

4. type "New York" in the first box (the "from" box)

5. type "York, England" in the second box (the "to" box)

6. click on "get directions"

6. scroll down to step #23

-- Nephele

Hey, thanks to Google Maps, I was finally able to get reliable directions from New York to York, England, so I can join y'all at the Forum Meeting!

1. go to www.google.com

2. click on "maps"

-- Nephele

LOL!!! :lol: I assume you have set off already?

1. go to www.google.com

2. click on "maps"

-- Nephele

LOL!!! :lol: I assume you have set off already?

I'm posting (with difficulty) from a laptop held over my head, and furiously treading water as we speak!

-- Nephele

That's fantastic!!!! Who had the brains to come up with that gem????

Try going one further by clicking on step 23 and it tells you in a pop up window to leave by the New England Aquarium!! How appropriate is that???? :lol:

Try going one further by clicking on step 23 and it tells you in a pop up window to leave by the New England Aquarium!! How appropriate is that???? :D

Thanks for the tip! I've just paddled back and hitched a ride on a dolphin! York Forum Meeting, here I come!

-- Nephele

Try going one further by clicking on step 23 and it tells you in a pop up window to leave by the New England Aquarium!! How appropriate is that???? :D

Thanks for the tip! I've just paddled back and hitched a ride on a dolphin! York Forum Meeting, here I come!

-- Nephele

Glad to be of help Nephele!! Just stay warm in those waters!! We'll look forward to meeting you. Are you arriving on Friday or Saturday?

Glad to be of help Nephele!! Just stay warm in those waters!! We'll look forward to meeting you. Are you arriving on Friday or Saturday?

All joking apart, I wish our Nephele could join us! But don't worry - I know she'll be with us in spirit(s). I think a special photo will be called for, in which we are all toasting her health and infectious wackiness. :D

All joking apart, I wish our Nephele could join us! But don't worry - I know she'll be with us in spirit(s). I think a special photo will be called for, in which we are all toasting her health and infectious wackiness. :D

Aw... thanks, {{{{Augusta}}}} <--- that's a cyber hug. :)

I'll be thinking of y'all this weekend, and toasting all of YOU from one of my favorite pubs in NYC. (But I'd much rather be in York this weekend... *sigh*)

Have a great time! Take lots of pictures!

-- Nephele

Hi y'all

I seem to have picked up a thread incorrectly here. My apologies to you Nephele... I thought you WERE coming!! Anyway, we'll have a thought and drink for you and no doubt piccies will 'swim' their way across the North Atlantic to be with you in time for our twentieth meet!!! It's a long way to go for a photo by sea!!

At least you've given us a starting point for something to laugh at with the Google thing. If you go further down that list it mentions going via France!!!! Or maybe it's just signposts... Whatever!!! I'm sure your name will come up and you'll be honoured with giving us something to drink and hale to!!!

I seem to have picked up a thread incorrectly here. My apologies to you Nephele... I thought you WERE coming!!

Well... When y'all are drinking and boisterously singing Roman marching songs, don't be too surprised if you should happen to look around and see a bedraggled, exhausted femina staggering into the pub, dripping water and seaweed. Because that will be ME! Set aside a pint for my dolphin, too.

-- Nephele

When are you citizens of Nova Ebvracvm going to meet? seems to me there are as many of you as there are us Brits! I keep pestering Gaius Octavius about it - and it would give me an excuse to visit a place I've always wanted to visit, but not gotten round to yet!

Talking of which, how is old Gaius? Havent heard from him for a day or two...

Edited by Northern Neil

I have some issues which have arisen, they will interfere with my participation in the event (as usual I need to be in two places at the same time, and I have a domestic issue). However I will make my best endeavours to co-ordinate and facilitate the events.

We had a great time! It was fantastic! We explored York, its walls, the Roman stuff and had lots of beer and fun, and great discussions. We even had a few philosophical discussions about various Python films which did not go down well with some pilgrims to York's holier places... Pertinax's report to follow! I was greatly saddened when I had to leave my new friends and drive back to my home town. Keep in touch, everyone!