UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Forum Meeting In UK

OK, Longbow cant be with us on the day-Shortbow will be arriving just that very weekend! So congratulations to him , and well see him next time around.

Those arriving on the Friday night , ahead of the "main " days , please pm me your mobile numbers so I can track you down if you are new to York. Dont bother with a car if you can make it by train, a car is no use in Town and the centre is fairly compact.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:P BUMP

a bump to the thread, heads up in Brittania I will be pming on an industrial scale soon to check on numbers attending and to give an outline itinerary.

• 2 weeks later...

A useful plain map of York for "delegates"

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...ficial%26sa%3DN

Many of you will have had a pm regarding the Meeting, dont neglect to reply !

I havent!

Still no sign?Is your mailbox full?

I havent!

Still no sign?Is your mailbox full?

Well, we seem to be moving apace now with the meet etc... I ain't been in here too much or indeed on my own forum because I am so stowed off writing a website which has to be ready for April 23rd. So it's a case of catch-up....

Pertinax - I'll pm my mobile to you so keep an eye out for that. I can't remember doing this from your message via my forum so will do it again!!! Doh!! If you've got it it just means you've got to ring me twice... first to tell me the meeting place and then secondly to remind me how to get there!!

I'm pleased to see that the turnout will be very decent and look forward to meeting up with you all. I might learn something!! Like how to down a pint of grog in 1.1 seconds or how to heckle our speakers or even how to get back into the 'Roman' side of my life after all this work on other sites etc....

How's the itinerary going?

Am contemplating itinerary, but I have the following general guidelines:

those arriving Friday- an unhurried drink down by the Ouse and possibly a curry?

Saturday: Perigrination of the Walls (at a leisurely pace), a visit to the Museum of Yorkshire ( best Roman collection in the County), a visit to the Undercroft of the Minster (original Roman street level and centre of the Colonia)..interspersed with lunch . Possibly a quick look at the Roman Bath museum and pub (the bath is small , the pub is big).

also (depending on weather for actual site of delivery) learned discourse from Dalby A (starring as Serious Academic), not so learned item from myself , NN to display his remarkable collection of scale buildings.

Sunday: hangover, stroll by River . Castle Museum and/ or Yorvik Centre visit ( the former museum is huge!).

I was hoping for further informal discursions from AC regarding his great affection for Segedunum, Rome in Film by Phil 25.

Bring your cameras! We must prepare a great blog/gallery of our bad behaviour.

Thanks to those who have sent mobile numbers. I will try and "talk you in" if you are unfamiliar with the City and its layout.

PS how could I forget! Our Divine Imperator will descend from Noricum...who knows what favours and preferments He may bestow on us . Perhaps he might buy a round?

PS how could I forget! Our Divine Imperator will descend from Noricum...who knows what favours and preferments He may bestow on us . Perhaps he might buy a round?

Well, I hope that Viggen has the common courtesy to send me a gaggle of Pantagathus' current Dogfish Head recommendations . You Brits always make me so jealous.

-------------------------------

Don't forget your essays in the Contest: http://www.unrv.com/forum/index.php?act=ST...st=0#entry55781 Else :usaflag: we'll set London and Edinburgh :blowup: .

:hammer:

Get a group picture on digital camera that can be uploaded to the site. Such a gathering must be committed to visual memory. Especially during the inebriation phase.

Certainly. I was hoping the whole event would be the inebriation phase. :thumbsup:

You Brits always make me so jealous.

:thumbsup:

Never mind, Octavius - I will toast you in your absence with a glass or three of Jim Beam!

You Brits always make me so jealous.

:thumbsup:

Never mind, Octavius - I will toast you in your absence with a glass or three of Jim Beam!

Octavius deserves better. I vote for Jack Daniel's.

[Edit -- Especially if Viggen's buying the round]

Edited by Andrew Dalby

Jim Beam? Jack Daniels? Have the romans no answer to these foreign witches brew?

Caldrail is indeed to take part in festivities and sadly my gladiatrix will not. Phew. See you on the Friday.