UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Only unfortunate thing is we barely have 30 loyal members.

True. Keeping people is a problem. But then people have real lives. Our dear friend Germanicus, for instance, a former legate, is pursuing some private vocations which seem to bring him much happiness, and we wish him the best.

On the whole I am very pleased with the "core membership" of the site. The site has grown quite a bit in the almost 3 years I have been here, and I suspect the core membership will continue to grow slowly but surely in the next 3.

Another thing to consider is that very active internet sites tend to be overrun with trolls, fools and contentious twits. We mods try to lay down the hammer and scare away such people. I think most of us would rather have 30 well behaved members than 300 maniacs.

I think that the site is in the comfortable range as far as members go. There are enough that conversation isn't sluggish or galacial, but if I am offline for a couple days I am not terribly out of the loop.

Also, to the MODs, keep that hammer swinging. To all members, thanks for being reasonable, knollegable, and polite.

I just want to say hi to all the people on this great website. I'm new to roman history and I'm still learning, but i do have opinions. Anyways i like what you guys did to this website. I mean how you changed the look of this forum. GOOD JOB!!!

Edited by Fedor

I just want to say hi to all the people on this great website. I'm new to roman history and I'm still learning, but i do have opinions. Anyways i like what you guys did to this website. I mean how you changed the look of this forum. GOOD JOB!!!

Welcome to the Forum, Fedor. We look forward to hearing your opinions. Please don't be shy - let's hear your views. There are hundreds of interesting topics to comment on. If there is nothing to catch your fancy in the current batch, have a scroll through the older threads. I am sure you will find something to your taste.

I love it here, too, and I do my best to recommend this forum to others who might be interested in Roman history.

As do I. And may I take this opportunity on behalf of everyone to welcome you back, Ilian. We have missed your quality posts. Glad to have you back - you had gone quiet for a while. :lol:

As do I. And may I take this opportunity on behalf of everyone to welcome you back, Ilian. We have missed your quality posts. Glad to have you back - you had gone quiet for a while. ;)

Hi, Augusta. I've been a bit sick and had some medical scare, but I'm fine now. Thank you. :blink: