UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Hello all,

I have been cruising the net for forums and realize that none is as active or friendly as this one. This forum is not only a great place to learn but to comment on daily things. People try to help and everything is under control. It is a well known site and is very acknowledged by scholars. The way people go about things and always seem to get the right answer across.

I just had to post something on this because it is a place where everyone can learn about Rome and the ancient world. I thought I would never find a place for study in history since my family and friends discredit it. Here everyone can relate and the home page and forum shows how history is important. I thought I knew history well, but as you know I was introduced to the world. :D:) Now, I understand more and more each day and one answer brings up more and more things to research.

I really like it here and I hope all of you do. I mean it with all honesty.

I'll echo those sentiments. I'm glad there's such a place as this with true 'cognoscenti'--be they scholars, hobbiest, or enthusiasts--in this field. It's helping me tremendously in my field, and in my hobby-fields as well.

This site is still the Best of the Best. Good Job to the moderators and membership. I'm sure it must at times be difficult to judge the historical value of topics but at this site it has been at least to date , possible to have open unbiased debate, a very rare commodity indeed.

Thanks to UNRV :huh:

Rameses, nicely stated praise for this site! :ph34r:

It

Only unfortunate thing is we barely have 30 loyal members.

True. Keeping people is a problem. But then people have real lives. Our dear friend Germanicus, for instance, a former legate, is pursuing some private vocations which seem to bring him much happiness, and we wish him the best.

On the whole I am very pleased with the "core membership" of the site. The site has grown quite a bit in the almost 3 years I have been here, and I suspect the core membership will continue to grow slowly but surely in the next 3.

Another thing to consider is that very active internet sites tend to be overrun with trolls, fools and contentious twits. We mods try to lay down the hammer and scare away such people. I think most of us would rather have 30 well behaved members than 300 maniacs.

You can tell when a site rises to greatness when it gets a kick @ss new layout. I love all the little things that have been added too, like in the profile section for instance. Great job!

As well as all the above points, this site has sparked off meetings, or potential meetings, both sides of the Atlantic which will no doubt turn acquaintances into friends.

I think most of us would rather have 30 well behaved members than 300 maniacs.

As someone who used to admin a site with over 1000 maniacs...um, yeah...30 well-behaved members is immensely better.

I think most of us would rather have 30 well behaved members than 300 maniacs.

As someone who used to admin a site with over 1000 maniacs...um, yeah...30 well-behaved members is immensely better.

Yes, yes, obviously loyal members can be great in small numbers. But in the interest of the site, having more serious members produceds more diversity on the forum in terms of knowledge and ideas.

Post Scriptum...Kickass new layout Moonlapse.

Edited by FLavius Valerius Constantinus