UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Rome And Usa.

WotWotius

Traianus, don't worry about 2030-2040, I have it from reliable sources that the world will end in 2012.

Just typical, after I pay all the extra Council Tax to fund the flipping Olympics and then the World goes and ends. :ph34r:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have it from reliable sources that the world will end in 2012.

:ph34r:

CIA? I don't know where you get your hoo-hah from, but that psychic lady on TLC said the world will on March 21, 2014, due to a large meteor.

Edited by Antiochus of Seleucia

Traianus, don't worry about 2030-2040

well, I'm only worrying about my future :lol: I'm very young and this years will be the peak of my life :D unfortunately(or fortunately for them), some people won't be here in those years to see this changing world :ph34r:

Edited by Traianus

I can envision the inscrutable, obscure and translucent mind of My Lord of the Brigantines :notworthy: , partaking of this japeness. :ph34r::D

:lol:

;)

I have it from reliable sources that the world will end in 2012.

:D

CIA? I don't know where you get your hoo-hah from, but that psychic lady on TLC said the world will on March 21, 1014, due to a large meteor.

:lol: Are your fingers out-running your alleged brain or have you not been born yet? :ph34r:

;)

i know this is off topic but i found another great video for you guys,this video is from C-SPAN and is called Dark Ages of America.It can be found at you tube and all you have to do is type in dark ages of america.The author compares the USA with the fall of rome so it should be a good watch.

I find these perennial America vs Europe threads a bit silly, as I am sure we would rather live with each other than under the dominion of Sino-fascism or Islamo-fascism.

Hear, hear, Ursus! Most of us (ahem - me; I suppose I can only speak for myself) only have gripes with Bush and his policies - not with the USA as a whole. Believe me, we'd rather have you as allies than enemies! Plus - on a purely personal note - I spent two of the most wonderful holidays of my life in New York. I have travelled widely and can honestly say that New Yorkers are amongst the most hospitable of people. Please hold a Forum meeting in NYC - just so I can have another excuse to visit. :D

Traianus, don't worry about 2030-2040

well, I'm only worrying about my future :) I'm very young and this years will be the peak of my life :D unfortunately(or fortunately for them), some people won't be here in those years to see this changing world :P

Well - in 2040, Traianus, I shall only be 83, so I am very much planning on being around :D I certainly wish to outlive my namesake and she lived to 86!

Edited by The Augusta

Please hold a Forum meeting in NYC - just so I can have another excuse to visit. :P

I proposed just that, as none of my fellow Americans were giving me credible alternatives.

Actually, I would love to meet you. And I think Nephele lives there, she could be our tour guide.

(There isnt a single reservation in my home state of Pennsylvania).

No, but we have plenty of Quakers. And Amish. And Mennonites. And under-educated, hygiene free rednecks who might as well just be home in Alabama. It's a beautiful mosaic of socio-religious diversity. Or something.

Maybe you should go over what I was saying at the time. :P

It certainly wasnt about questioning the diversity of America

CIA? I don't know where you get your hoo-hah from, but that psychic lady on TLC said the world will on March 21, 2014, due to a large meteor.

:) Are your fingers out-running your alleged brain or have you not been born yet? :P

:D

Read again. :D

Please hold a Forum meeting in NYC - just so I can have another excuse to visit. :P

I proposed just that, as none of my fellow Americans were giving me credible alternatives.

Actually, I would love to meet you. And I think Nephele lives there, she could be our tour guide.

Absolutely! In fact, my man and I are organizing a NYC Subway Art Crawl for sometime this spring or summer. It's sort of like a pub crawl, except we'll be travelling from subway station to station in search of the numerous pieces of public art that one can view for free (along with the $2 cost of a subway ride). Roy Lichtenstein's work , for example, can be found at one of the Times Square stations. You can also view Lichtenstein's art in the Guggenheim Museum for a pricey admission -- but it's more fun to do the free art crawl through the subways.

There's lots of fun, CHEAP stuff to do in NYC. If you decide on a meet-up here, I'd be delighted to propose a few suggestions and serve as tour guide! :)

-- Nephele

(There isnt a single reservation in my home state of Pennsylvania).

No, but we have plenty of Quakers. And Amish. And Mennonites. And under-educated, hygiene free rednecks who might as well just be home in Alabama. It's a beautiful mosaic of socio-religious diversity. Or something.

Maybe you should go over what I was saying at the time. :D

It certainly wasnt about questioning the diversity of America

:lol: I realize that. I was making a fecetious and fairly ridiculous comment on something else in an attempt to bring some levity to a topic that has itself become fairly ridiculous.

I can't believe I've actually read through this entire thread--I must be terrifically bored.

I do, however, have a couple comments to make.

[blockquote]At the end of the American Civil War, the U.S.A. had the largest standing army and navy in the world. It did not take Canada or Mexico or eject the European colonialists out of the Western Hemisphere.[/blockquote]

I. Actually, when Napol

Bump, finally something sensible. Can you elaborate a little more on why pegging the yuan is unfavorable for the Chinese economy?

It didn't, it helped the Chinese economy by keeping it at a fixed exchanger rate and not rising or falling. They stopped in 2005 after serious pressure from the US and Japan. The theory being that if the Chinese economy grows stronger it's value rises making their exports more expensive thereby trimming the trade gap between the US and China.