UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Frank Miller's 300

WotWotius

1. It doesn't snow in Sparta. Quite funny when you have an 8 year old Leonidas fighting a wolf with bitter winters on the fringes of the Mediterranean.

I was of the impression that he was sent to one of the many nearby mountains during his rite de passage. I guess it would snow there, shouldn't be impossible atleast.

It does, Mt Taygetus can be covered in snow for most of the year.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So at some point can I expect someone to make a movie on Caesar's conquest of Gaul, with Caesar's imperial space legions using rayguns to subdue four-armed, green skinned, flesh eating Celtic monsters?

Or maybe Constantine is converted to a better path by the Black Monolith from "2001" and has his troops paint black monoliths on their shields before they storm Rome.

Or maybe Constantine is converted to a better path by the Black Monolith from "2001" and has his troops paint black monoliths on their shields before they storm Rome.

Hey, we did no such thing. We just happened to be leisurely walking to Rome and all of the sudden, everyone starts congratulating us and patting us on the back for nothing.

Anyways, saw 300 today, and I thought it was too damn dramtic. And that sex scene was really random. As far as I know it, the movie did not have a smooth plot or transitions.