UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Rapture?

Favonius Cornelius

End Times  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What do you believe?

• I am a Born Again Christian and I believe that the Rapture is soon upon us.
    • I am a monotheist and I believe that the End Times are coming.
    • I am not religious but I do believe that world war 3 is a possibility.
    • These are dangerous times, but not the end.
    • There is a lot of hysteria about nothing at all in the world today.

With climatologists across the world telling us that the earth is getting sicker with every year, with natural disasters published on the news on a regular basis, with war burning in the middle east and the Holy Land, for those who believe in the concept of the end of days, these are ripe with reasons. What do you believe?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As some Englishperson once said:

The world today seems absolutely crackers,

With nuclear bombs to blow us all sky high.

There are fools and idiots sitting on the trigger,

It's depressing and it's senseless and that's why...

[i won't go into the rest, except to say it's a Sino-love fest.]

So, the Bronze Age ended with a bang and the world convulsed.

The Iron Age started.

But did the Iron Age end? What happened at the Dark Ages?

Were we still in the Iron Age during the 18th & 19th Centuries with the industrial revolution?

What are we in now? The Age of Aluminum? Silicon? Petrolium?

Eveybody seems to think 2012 will be the end of an Age and the beginning of a new one. :blowup:

What will that be? :ph34r:

No, I think rapture is where people disappear randomly to go to heaven and Revelations is about some apocolyptic horsemen and some big battle between Jesus and Devil.

http://www.answers.com/rapture&r=67

Edited by Antiochus of Seleucia

Oh wow. I used the terminology because my girlfriend was raised by some fundamentalist Christians and she grew up terrified of the whole Rapture concept, so I figured it was common. Shows you how good of a Christian I am heh.

By the way Antiochus nice signatures...wish I knew ya a little while back.

By the way Antiochus nice signatures...wish I knew ya a little while back.

Why thank you! ;)

I also made the one Lost_Warrior is wearing.

Shows you how good of a Christian I am heh.

My knowledge is based on: Church Services I was forced to go to and the History Channel. :P

Edited by Antiochus of Seleucia

Really? Isn't it basically just the Revelations stuff?

Nope, it's not in Revelations.

Oh wow. I used the terminology because my girlfriend was raised by some fundamentalist Christians and she grew up terrified of the whole Rapture concept, so I figured it was common. Shows you how good of a Christian I am heh.

Precisely why you should never trust women ;)

Edited by tflex

I'll go with #4. Been let down too many times. The first End Times were supposed to come 1,000 years after Christ. So, it was celebrated in 1,000A.D. Since the Lads couldn't count properly, God gave them a pass. Didn't want idiots running around Heaven all day long. In the early 19th century some group of holey-rollers were informed by their prophet that the Second Coming would occur on a date certain. Day came and went. Nothing of any import passed. So the holey rev said: "OOOps made a mistake; it will happen on____." Again nothing. Rev went on welfare. Then there was the Kool-Aid crowd in Guyana. Magnificent mistake. Once more, we had the 'believers' somewhere in the western US who took to this idea, and murdered themselves believing that they would abide in a space ship behind (naturally) the Moon. Big blunder. Now we have the Korean Kook who sits at the Right Side of God. Commands angels, etc. Just can't get the Cana bit up or walk on water - in view of all. Probably can do all when alone.

As you have come to know, I know all. Thus all y'all are alerted that the End will come when I die. Make all necessary preparations. In the meantime, send all your gold to me as you won't need it. No vaults in Heaven or Hell - whichever you Elect.

:)

Edited by Gaius Octavius