UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Rapture?

Favonius Cornelius

End Times  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What do you believe?

• I am a Born Again Christian and I believe that the Rapture is soon upon us.
    • I am a monotheist and I believe that the End Times are coming.
    • I am not religious but I do believe that world war 3 is a possibility.
    • These are dangerous times, but not the end.
    • There is a lot of hysteria about nothing at all in the world today.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but the "Rupture" was already here long time ago.

it was discovered by the US Oceanograhpy.

that the North American continental plate was breaking away from

the Pacific plate creating a huge rupture between them.

Leaving the rupture area bursting of magma because of the absence of a solid crust.

and boiling the sea water, but protected only by the covering of Pacific Ocean deep water.

I have many other things to read, how about you explain it to me and I'll weigh your words. Maybe I am wrong.

They are there to preach god's word for those who will accept it.

Edited by tflex

I have many other things to read, how about you explain it to me and I'll weigh your words. Maybe I am wrong.

They are there to preach god's word for those who will accept it.

So you're telling me that Revelations states that just before the end, God will choose some 150,000 folks to go around and do some last chance preaching before he starts splitting people into teams? Heh, guess that is as plausible as anything else.

As for the Rupture jokes, there are some very serious minded Christians out there who believe in Rapture. Shame on you!

So you're telling me that Revelations states that just before the end, God will choose some 150,000 folks to go around and do some last chance preaching before he starts splitting people into teams? Heh, guess that is as plausible as anything else.

As for the Rupture jokes, there are some very serious minded Christians out there who believe in Rapture. Shame on you!

Yes, there are many people who simply didn't have the chance to follow god's teachings, and they are given the chance at that time, not a second chance, check out the spirit of slumber/stupor.

I'm also telling you that you're getting out random verses, interpreting them to what you heard from a friend, some priest, word of mouth or maybe even a hollywood movie. You argue the bible is illogical, but for you to argue against the teachings of the scripture based on third party sources is more illogical, and frankly a bit hypocritical.

Edited by tflex

Yes, there are many people who simply didn't have the chance to follow god's teachings, and they are given the chance at that time, not a second chance, check out the spirit of slumber/stupor.

I'm also telling you that you're getting out random verses, interpreting them to what you heard from a friend, some priest, word of mouth or maybe even a hollywood movie. You argue the bible is illogical, but for you to argue against the teachings of the scripture based on third party sources is more illogical, and frankly a bit hypocritical.

It would be hypocritical if not for the fact that I constantly admit the possibility of my own incorrectness on this subject, (a stark contrast to those who have religious convictions), and my asking for other input on the matter from those who might be better versed in the area.

Be that as it may, I've read a number of chapters a few days ago in Revelations, and the ambiguity of the wording makes it IMO a rash statement to say much of anything is certain of it's meaning.

Switching to a non-religious viewpoint, the scientists have been telling us that the Earth may be heating up by one degree... While that seems pretty insignificant, there are some scientists who claim that even one degree may be enough to melt the polar ice, which is already shrinking, according to some studies.

Well, I don't whom to believe but I do realize that the Earth's capacity for severe abuse by a creature called man is probably causing Mother Nature to react, possibly in violent waves - storms, tsunamis, whatever ... Or, it could be just part of some natural cycle over millenia that comes to fruitition and we all just happen to be in the middle of it.

Either way, I think the Earth's capacity to survive is vastly underestimated and life will thrive here, irrespective of what homo sapiens does. There is abundant life in the oceans and even if humankind continues to self-destruct as a species by continually consuming resources that cannot be replaced easily, life will go on for thousands of years and humankind will continue to evolve, adapt and survive. There are close to 5 billion on Earth and even if we had 10 natural calamities, it is unlikely that every single human will perish. Thousands, if not millions will still survive and learn to adapt. We hope the survivors will learn from the experience and be more humble in the face of Nature. All of us have only one Planet and colonization of Mars and other possible worlds is in the very distant future, not any time soon.

Edited by Skarr