UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Primus Pilus

Winners are chosen! - September Book Bonanza

I am about to start a degree in Ancient History and Archaeology, so I would welcome any of these books.

Wow..as i'm hoping to get into an undergraduate degree in ancient history or archaeology next year, i'd love any of these books...count me in!!!

I would like to participate as well. AN INTRODUCTION TO ROMAN RELIGION is my top choice. Second would be the "Roman Revolution."

Thanks,

-Zeke

I'd love to paticipate!! I've only read First Man in Rome of these books but as I've loaned it out somewhere I'd love any of the books

I would also like to participate.

My first choice would be the Gary Forsythe "Critical History of Early Rome" book.

I'd like to compare it to "The Beginnings of Rome" by T J Cornell. which I have just purchased.

I'm considering turning my 6 year daughter into a chimney sweep so I can afford to buy this book but don't let that influence your decision.

Seems we forgot to mention that we will be closing entries on Friday, September 1, 2006. The drawing will be completed over the weekend immediately following and winners posted the next week. (original post updated as well)

I'd be delighted to get any of the books :hammer:

I've read "First man", but none of the others...

Thanks,

Robert

The competition is over and the winners have been choosen!

...and the winners are!!!!

spittle -

A Critical History of Early Rome: From Prehistory to the First Punic War by Gary Forsythe

Gaius Paulinus Maximus -

The First Man in Rome by Colleen McCullough

Antiochus of Seleucia -

Nero's Killing Machine: The True Story of Rome's Remarkable 14th Legion by Stephen Dando-Collins

Princeps -

The Emperor Domitian Brian W. Jones

brotus maximus -

The Punic Wars: Rome, Carthage, and the Struggle for the Mediterranean by Nigel Bagnall

docoflove1974 -

The Roman Revolution Ronald Syme

M. Porcius Cato -

Caesar by Adrian Goldsworthy

Honorius -

An Introduction to Roman Religion by John Scheid

All winners will be notified via pm, thanks to everyone for participating and to E-consultancyfor providing us with the funds....

MPC , :bash: Caesar eh?

Should be interesting :)

I hope the winners are happy with their selections, and that everyone else isn't too disappointed. Hopefully, we can arrange more of these.

well MPC didnt reply that he isnt interested in this book, secondly if i remember correctly he quoted several books on Caesar in various of his posts, so he must have read them, which is only logic if you have such a great interest in this person...

regards

viggen

well MPC didnt reply that he isnt interested in this book, secondly if i remember correctly he quoted several books on Caesar in various of his posts, so he must have read them, which is only logic if you have such a great interest in this person...

regards

viggen

Irrefutable logic :notworthy: