UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Primus Pilus

Winners are chosen! - September Book Bonanza

Quoting myself in the announcement forum.

We are happy to announce a September "Back to School" Book Give Away Bonanza in association with E-Consultancy. We will reward 8 active participants of the UNRV forum with pre-selected Roman History Books in a random draw.

Participation is very simple. Members of the forum who wish to be included in the random draw simply need to post in the "September Book Bonanza" thread. Comments about the books (perhaps what you'd prefer if you win) or the drawing itself, a simple "I'd like to participate", or whatever comes to mind will qualify as your entry. Only one entry per person will be allowed, and multiple posts by a single participant will be deleted for clarity.

Everyone is eligible (location not an issue), except for the triumviri of course. (Despite my personal objections to Viggen :):P)

This program was made possible thanks to the generosity of E-consultancy, a leading participant in online marketing and e-commerce, who has graciously provided the funds to purchase the books.

The 8 books that will be available are:

The Punic Wars: Rome, Carthage, and the Struggle for the Mediterranean by Nigel Bagnall

Nero's Killing Machine: The True Story of Rome's Remarkable 14th Legion by Stephen Dando-Collins

A Critical History of Early Rome: From Prehistory to the First Punic War by Gary Forsythe

An Introduction to Roman Religion by John Scheid

The First Man in Rome by Colleen McCullough

The Roman Revolution Ronald Syme

The Emperor Domitian Brian W. Jones

Caesar by Adrian Goldsworthy

We've tried to select a variety of choices that we hope will reflect a wide range of interest. Once winners are determined we will attempt to match the books appropriately.

Cheers from UNRV!

Additionally... entry into the drawing will close on Friday September 1, 2006. The drawing will be completed over the weekend immediately following and winners posted the next week.

A very good selection of books. If i were to be one of the lucky one's then my choices of books would be (in no particular order)

Nero's Killing Machine, i've already got Caesar's Legion by Dando Collins so this would be a welcome addition.

Caesar by A Goldsworthy, i've already got Christian Meirs version so it would be good to get another pespective.

The First Man In Rome, i've always fancied this series but never actually got round to reading them

Fingers crossed,

cheers :)

Me! Me! Do I count? :beer:

[edit PP... yes everyone... well except me, :nopity: lol]

The "Introduction to Roman Religion " would be my choice.

:sp_ike: Dont kick the Baby PP !

Sure! I'm in!

I swear I was going to buy Nero's Killing Machine today but now I may have a chance to win it!

My other book of choice would be the punic wars one, but it really doesn't matter... they're all on Rome!

I would like to participate too ... However, my choices would be somewhat limited (having read most of the books) to either "The Critical History ..." or the book on religion.

Definitely count me in on this one.

I posted here a few times back when the new Roman Empire map became available, and have mostly lurked since. I hope to be more active in the near future, and contribute to the lacking material on Provincia Arabia.

I don't want to seem greedy since I have a book coming already ... but this is too good to pass up.

I'd be up for anything except Schied's book (which I have read), Syme's book (which I have but never got around to read), and McCullough's book (which I tried to read but found not to my interest).

Me, too...the Critical History is already on my wishlist on Amazon! Acutally, any of them would do.

i would love to participate in it hehe it would add to my overall book colelction that i am reading right now

i would love to participate in it hehe it would add to my overall book colelction that i am reading right now

i would be interested in neros killing machine or the punic wars book(either of them) thanx a bunch

Nero's killing machine for me ta.

Second choice Domitian :)

Hhufhkjgjdlskl!!

That means, put me in I'll love any of this books.