UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
L. Quintus Sertorius

Italians and the Mafia

My Italian cousins enjoy a better standard of living and a better democracy than we in the USA do now.

You must not be familiar with Silvio Berluscone.

Is it me or is it that a lot of Italian officials still have ties to the mafia, even if they deny it now or consider themselves no longer a part of the mafia relationship?

My Italian cousins enjoy a better standard of living and a better democracy than we in the USA do now.

You must not be familiar with Silvio Berluscone.

Is it me or is it that a lot of Italian officials still have ties to the mafia, even if they deny it now or consider themselves no longer a part of the mafia relationship?

You can't get away from the mafia in Italian politics. Money talks, and the mafiosos still have a lot of it left.

All Italians are born into the M.A.F.I.A. Even the Italo-Americans! We are given a special official identity card at birth; a registration number and a draft card. If one's roots are Sicilian, it is the Mafia. If Neapolitan, it is Omerta.

Don Tomassso

Edited by Gaius Octavius

"You must not be familiar with Silvio Berluscone."

Yes, very familiar with Berlusconi. I'm also familiar with how the Italians got rid of him in the April elections and how they soundly defeated his constitutional amendment in June. We still have Bush and the "Oil Boys."

It interesting how some people feel free to make racist remarks about Italians and Italian Americans in an anonymous chat room. They seem to think that only in Italy money "pays the piper." Most of the US Congress is in the pay of Washington lobbyists.

Edited by Ludovicus

FVC, some of those Eyetalian rascals have been known to become made men in the buschia! ;)

;)

This thread has been split from the one phil25 created as it was beginning to take over the original intent of his thread.

My only contribution to this is that "The Godfather" remains my favorite movie. Cheers.

I'm waiting with baited breath for someone to give someone an offer they can't refuse.

Mend thy ways, lest there be a gnome under thy blankets! :D

GOD! :wub:

:ph34r:

Heyyyyy forget aboud it!!( thats my attempt at soprano talk :D )

More properly:

Ayy! 4gedaboudit! :lol:

:ph34r:

Edited by Gaius Octavius

It interesting how some people feel free to make racist remarks about Italians and Italian Americans in an anonymous chat room. They seem to think that only in Italy money "pays the piper." Most of the US Congress is in the pay of Washington lobbyists.

First, no one made a racist remark about Italians. GO was obviously joking. Second, the contribution of lobbyists to political campaigns is entirely proper. If NARAL, for example, didn't make political contributions, I wouldn't contribute to NARAL. Lobbying groups perform an indispensible service in promoting their legislative agenda, and congressmen are rightfully free to take campaign contributions from organizations whose policy prescriptions they have every intention of ignoring.

"You must not be familiar with Silvio Berluscone."

Yes, very familiar with Berlusconi. I'm also familiar with how the Italians got rid of him in the April elections and how they soundly defeated his constitutional amendment in June. We still have Bush and the "Oil Boys."

I think that you missed the WE in my post. I must have failed at trying to be sarcastic and/or humorous about Eyetalian stereotyping. I am one of the progeny of God's people - NEAPOLITANS!

Edited by Gaius Octavius

I am one of the progeny of God's people - NEAPOLITANS!

Don Tomato is part of Cosa Nostra? ;)

I am one of the progeny of God's people - NEAPOLITANS!

Don Tomato is part of Cosa Nostra? :D

Doll:

Shhhhhhhhh! Omerta!

While I appreciate and support the freedom of discussion... all this mafia innuendo has me a bit nervous. I mean my name is plastered all over the site you know. And well, I don't like wearing cement shoes. :D