UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Tut! Tut!

Gaius Octavius

Well, I deliberately avoid participating in discussions (err..sections actually :) ) that would require a certain level of English, I think non-native speakers should understand themselves when their contributions would be comprehensible and relevant to the discussion and when they would just be misunderstood because of their poor skills with the language - not the other way round, native speakers trying to figure out what us foreigners write- :) this is an English language forum after all.

Well, I deliberately avoid participating in discussions (err..sections actually :) ) that would require a certain level of English, I think non-native speakers should understand themselves when their contributions would be comprehensible and relevant to the discussion and when they would just be misunderstood because of their poor skills with the language - not the other way round, native speakers trying to figure out what us foreigners write- :) this is an English language forum after all.

Frankly Silentium, your written English is far better than most native speakers. I wouldn't be concerned if I were you.

Frankly Silentium, your written English is far better than most native speakers. I wouldn't be concerned if I were you.

Well, that's very nice to hear, thank you!=) I still think I wouldn't be able to express what I really have in mind in discussions that require more specific vocabulary and arguments, unless I used the dictionary every other second lol. For the time being it would be better to just read them (and learn). Anyway I usually do participate when I feel confident enough. =)

I am not a native english speaker, but that's never stopped me from twaddling along here! ;)

Tu es imperator, sed ego aquilifer sum :hammer: