UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Rameses the Great

American Football Season

Well, here in America it is almost football season. However this is not just for people in America to cheer on. For example people in England took a picture in front of the real Big Ben, and wearing Steelers jersies to support the Pittsburgh Steelers. From Miami to Seattle I want to know who your favorite team is. With school, comes football making Rameses happy. :lol:

It's the most wonderful time of the year! :D

Anyways, I'll start off. The Pittsburgh Steelers, I think they will win again and the more anyone says they won't, multiplies their chances of winning. ;):)

The Detroit Lions will win the superbowl again this year. After winning 12 straight superbowls, including a brilliant victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers in a home field rout, there is no question as to the superiority of the big cats from Motown.

Every year some feeble minded adversaries attempt to dissuade me with lies and jealousy, but I know the truth.

:D :drunk: ;) :beer: :thumbs_up: :lol::)

The frickin Forty Niners...who will suck yet again this year, perhaps more than last year. Vernon Davis is nice, but until we have an o-line who can keep Alex Smith on his feet and not on his arse, well, that does us no good.

With any luck, in a few years we will be back to our dominating ways...I don't wanna end up like PP :lol:

I don't wanna end up like PP :lol:

49 years since a championship (1957 pre superbowl) and 1 playoff victory in that entire span has a way of warping one's outlook on your team's chances. :lol:

Oops, sorry, I am in the wrong thread. I thought that this was a thread discussing football, but it seems to be about that other weird game, the one with little foot-to-ball action included. Excuse me, please continue.

I suppose whichever team has the cutest cheerleaders.

Ok, so one of our moderators votes for the Miami Dolphins.

Oh come on America. I for one am deeply disappointed at the lack of participation. 5 days and 10 hours to game time. America, take back your game!

Let's do this take your pick! :hammer:

I suppose whichever team has the cutest cheerleaders.

Ok, so one of our moderators votes for the Miami Dolphins.

Oh come on America. I for one am deeply disappointed at the lack of participation. 5 days and 10 hours to game time. America, take back your game!

Let's do this take your pick! :)

I just get the impression that Romanophiles aren't quite as interested in sports (at least among we Yanks).

Forgive me for resurrected an all but alive thread but seeing the Steelers suffer than uncorking upon the Kansas City Chiefs was great! 45-7 people saying Ben is no good, riding us out, well this was just a good win.

A few other notes:

Congragulations to the Titans and Lions for the first victory of their season.

Oakland will most likely end winless through the entire season.

FVC, your Bears look scary! Best team in football, many teams see them in their sleep. :P

My Niners looked like crap...again. Yeah, San Diego's a good team and all, but we could have put up a fight after the first quarter. Or at least look like we tried.

OTOH...LaDanian Tomlinson's on my fantasy football team :P

Oh yeah, Da Bears. Come one let's go Bears, get ready for the shuffle everyone.

Oh by the way where is Ursus, are 't you gonna cheer for the Bears=ursus.

Da Bears first and always. It's hard to care about basketball after the 90's Bulls, just like it's hard to care about football after the '86 Bears. Seriously, that was one of the most famous combinations of players and coach of all time. I remember as a kid, watching the Fridge literally just wade his way through the defense to make a touchdown. Sheer and brutal determination to win...beautiful.

This year though the Bears are lookin good, I'll be watching though I'm not much of a sports guy.

I don't know if this is pro exclusive, but as a naitive Ohioan, I can't help but be proud of the Buckeye's record this year. Looks like we might have a repeat of that 14-0 year when we made it to the Tostitoes Bowl or whatever it was called.

this is probably a bad coice to make (since i am canadian and all...GO ARGOS WOOOOOOOOO) but my choice is with the seahawks man GO SEAHAWKS GO hehe any one interested in canadian football and if so what do u think of edmonton(boooo)